SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Created by World Champion Designer and Racer Ernie Mossetti

MR Slotcar has announced their "Contenders's Series" of the Mazda 787B intended as an affordable entry level car for all racers.

Each car will be painted in the colours shown below. Driver figure will be painted. Tire and wheel markings as well.

All other parts will be moulded in black. All cars come with inline motor configuration. FC130 sized motor. 22K

MR1005A
Includes extra Sidewinder Motor Pod and Anglewinder Motor Pod

Cars will be available separately.

BLUE MR1005A-B, YELLOW MR1005A-Y, RED MR1005A-R, PURPLE MR1005A-P, ORANGE MR1005A-O, GREEN MR1005A-G

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
In most cases the manufacture doesn't set the retail cost of their products. It's really down to the distributor. The standard black test car comes out at £59.95 so I would imagine these dolly mixtures should come out around a similar price, taking into account the more basic livery and extra motor pods.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,289 Posts
I really want a le mans winning liveried one too (I'm in the Mazda club, they did an MX5 version in that colour scheme, looks great). Just bought the black one, it's a very good model and drives extremely well. got mine on fleabay for £30 - seller now starts them at £40.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have just received mine. £32. First impression. 4 screws holding the chassis to the body, 2 would have been good. Rear wing at an angle. NOT BROKEN, it’s how it seems to have been made. Apart from that. A well-made car. Magnet, which I will remove. Would keep the QE2 clamped to a ship yard. It's BIG. It's worth 35/40. 60 NO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Saviour
Forward me your address so I can send you a replacement wing asap.
The chassis is held with 3 screws to the body, not 4.
The discs in the bag are front brake ventilators, you can fatsen them to the front wheels as an optional feature
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have other issues with the car

Regards
Ernie

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
QUOTE (mrslotcar.ca @ 7 Nov 2011, 16:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry, typo..
Fasten,..not fatsen !

ERNIE, Thanks, just sent you a PM. Well impressed. The last time I said something about a car. 'Decals flacking off'. I was told Ya-Boo-Sucks.

This is a great car, and I like the way your PR works.
Thanks.

YES, 3 screws. My maths??? Sorry. I think a black hole just spat one back at me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi snurfen, I just stumbled across your Post and had click on your link, I just purchased the same car about a week ago and received delivery a few days ago, also from the same seller!, yes - they are great value cars. I was well chuffed with mine, its my first proper race car I own, I know that their are other good brands too, I won't mention any names but this car is really well designed, as good as any other top brand. The gears are super smooth, the motor is a very good performer and top quality, chassis is superbly made, even the wheels are all Aluminium - all 4 of them, to be honest I can't really fault the car compared to other cars I have purchased. Perhaps best to buy a couple of spare replacement rear wings, in case you break one, although they are robust, but because of the position of the wing as per the real 1/1 car- it just takes a beating on the crash barries when tail sliding around corners and may eventually fall to bits or break. I know the wing mount is unbreakable, but its where the wing and the mount join - this could be the problem area. Wing mirrors are unbreakable too, although they can still come un-fixed from the body, mine haven't, also I would suggest to remove the 2 roof aerials before putting the car on the track, because as soon as you roll the car they will bend at right angles and be ruined and possibly break at the bend, they can easily but carefully be removed from the roof of the car if you don't want to damage them - which is what I did. I would seriously recommend buying one of these cars, for a collector or better still a racer, you will not be dissapointed. Enjoy!.

·
Registered
203 Posts
QUOTE (Saviour @ 7 Nov 2011, 14:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have just received mine. £32. First impression. 4 screws holding the chassis to the body, 2 would have been good. Rear wing at an angle. NOT BROKEN, it's how it seems to have been made. Apart from that. A well-made car. Magnet, which I will remove. Would keep the QE2 clamped to a ship yard. It's BIG. It's worth 35/40. 60 NO
Hi, I just purchased this car too, being at slotting newbie, it was the first car I had with a removable motor pod, and when I went to open the car up to have look inside - as you do!, I took out 6 of the 7 screws out before I realised I had undone the 3 of the 4 motor pod screws plus the 3 body screws, lol !. I was also thinking - why so many screws!, the car went like spaghetti and then the penny dropped and I realised what I had done, hahahahaha. I really wasn't paying attention at alll.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have been Playing. When I first put the Mazda on my skid pan. I got a very impressive 1.236G. These tyres? Although not that far off NSR rubber. They will be the first thing I change. NSR rubber, on a Mosler gave 1.289G BTW (I should be able to get this to 2G).
I want the springs for the motor mount, change her to S/W, with same motor, or even A/W and a long can. Play with the gears. then, add lead, if needed. All in all, Very impressed with her.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,289 Posts
I've de-magneted mine. Can't do a thing with it! Dreadful. Now to start playing with weights. I may just experiment with a big blob of blu-tack just at the front end of the motor pod and take it from there.
As soon as I work it out, I don't doubt it will be a sublime bit of race car once more.

f1m0uth, look at the QUALITY of those screws - beautiful. Even have half the shank smooth so the thread doesn't bind on the body work when you dial in a bit of body rock n roll. Pure class.

I'm with you saviour, will try spring mounts and looking forward to putting the angle-winder pod in. It's so well engineered, I don't think the motor needs glueing into the clips, either.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts