SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The angle-winder setup has two ranges of gears
  • 10, 11 and 12 Tooth pinions (all 6.5mm) to mate with 27, 28, 29 and 30 angled spurs (all 15.5mm diameter - black)
  • 12, 13, and 14 Tooth pinions (all 7.5mm) to mate with 25, 26, 27 and 28 angled spurs (all 14.5mm diameter - gold)
The sidewinder setup has the following range of gears
  • 8, 9 and 10 Tooth pinions (all 5.5mm) to mate with 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31 straight spurs (all 15.5mm diameter - black)
Pinions are brass and axle gears are made from Ergal. Axle gears are laser engraved with the diameter and the tooth count

The gear puller will be available in about 2 weeks.

Motors will be available in the near future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Doug for posting the new items.

Here's some more information about them.

All the axle gears are for 3/32" axles. Tooth pitch is 0.5M Setscrew is M2 x 3mm long
Gears have been anodized and each colour respresents the diameter
Black gears are all 15.5mm and Gold are 14.5mm
Anglewinder gears are 25 Degree

The Gear Puller is designed to work with motors with 2mm or 1.5mm shaft sized pinions.
Works with pinions up to 7.5mm diameters
The "Claw" portion is made from steel. The threaded "Screw" part is Stainless Steel.
Screw part works with "Hudy" style pullers and is available separately
Pins are made from drill blank Hrc 52 hardness

Standard replacement parts and gears, as well as the new Anglewinder and Sidewinder Motor Pods are
now available from the following European Distributors for MR Slotcar

UK - Pendle Slot Racing
ITALY - Model Assistance
NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, LUXEMBOURG - Q.U.I.C.K
GERMANY and AUSTRIA - HT Motor Racing
SPAIN and PORTUGAL - IBB Auto racing
FRANCE - Fair International
DENMARK, SWEDEN and FINLAND - Agico AB

Regards
Ernie
mrslotcar.ca

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can these only be used with the MrSlotCar cars?

Teez,

·
Registered
95 Posts
I meant the pod itself more than anything, looks like it might go into a sloting plus reynard.

Teez,

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
They all look really well made.

The puller looks fab. I love the double diameter inclusion, but where is the gear fitting tool to go with it? There's no point pulling a gear off if you can't get another one on. Do you already make this as a tool?

Also, does the puller have a narrow enough flat plane to allow to get gears off that are very close to the motor? It looks like quite a thick plate.

·
Registered
329 Posts
QUOTE (TeezRacer @ 28 Oct 2011, 10:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I meant the pod itself more than anything, looks like it might go into a sloting plus reynard.

Teez,

That would be pretty tricky as the pod on a sloting plus reynard is fixed at the front and doesn't actually come out. The gears are pitched at 25 degrees does that make them the same as NSR and slot.it or the same as Ninco? I know they are slightly different but i can't remember the angle for either.

·
Registered
203 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 26 Oct 2011, 17:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The angle-winder setup has two ranges of gears
  • 10, 11 and 12 Tooth pinions (all 6.5mm) to mate with 27, 28, 29 and 30 angled spurs (all 15.5mm diameter - black)
  • 12, 13, and 14 Tooth pinions (all 7.5mm) to mate with 25, 26, 27 and 28 angled spurs (all 14.5mm diameter - gold)
The sidewinder setup has the following range of gears
  • 8, 9 and 10 Tooth pinions (all 5.5mm) to mate with 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31 straight spurs (all 15.5mm diameter - black)
Pinions are brass and axle gears are made from Ergal. Axle gears are laser engraved with the diameter and the tooth count

The gear puller will be available in about 2 weeks.

Motors will be available in the near future.

The gear puller, if I'm correct I'm sure you can use the threaded/handle part on a Hudy pinion press, I'm also sure they sell this part on its own without the bottom piece in the picture. So if you have a Hudy puller, such as the old version that had a few issues with pinions(5.5mm) getting stuck in the top of the press and also the pin getting stuck in the pinion, this would be a perfect replacement, although thinking about it now, a pinion press has a spring in the shaft, and the puller doesn't, I may be getting muddled up here!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.