SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
You know what, I kind of like that. I've got an old SCX version of the Grundel car, and I've got the RallyCross box set pre-ordered, so that covers the current Scaley version of the RS200. This might well be the car of choice for my MSC version. Unless any other especially enticing liveries are in the pipeline.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've never bought an MSC Car but think I'll be getting one too, if the MSC 6R4 turns out to be okay, bought that last night & saved a tenner off list too

Cheers Dave

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I think I'll be trying one MSC car and if it suits my style, there are at least another 3 I'd like. The Scalextric version of the RS200 isn't on my wish list because it's not 4wd.

This particular livery is, to me at least, a strange choice. It's the car involved in the infamous, horrendous, crash in Portugal where 3 spectators were killed and 30 injured - the first nail in the coffin of Group B.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 27 Jan 2012, 20:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This particular livery is, to me at least, a strange choice. It's the car involved in the infamous, horrendous, crash in Portugal where 3 spectators were killed and 30 injured - the first nail in the coffin of Group B.

Yeah well, I wrote a post in a german slot car forum where I showed the same concerns. There's been an outcry as if my statement has was the first nail in the coffin of our hobby.

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
I noticed on a German vendor's website today the description of this car states that they won't be selling it out of respect for those involved in the accident. For a toy car, it certainly seems to be polarising people.

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
I hadnt realised that this was the same car until you pointed it out, but now i know it kind of puts me off. Of course the whole thing was an accident and MSC may have chose to do this livery in memory of the dead spectators, or maybe like myself they say a livery that looked nice and didnt put 2 and 2 together.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
QUOTE (stoooo @ 27 Jan 2012, 20:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>For a toy car, it certainly seems to be polarising people.

QUOTE (ironman @ 27 Jan 2012, 21:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I hadnt realised that this was the same car until you pointed it out, but now i know it kind of puts me off.
I'm glad it's not just me, then. I have to be honest, it is a rather nice livery and if I hadn't known that particular car's history I might have bought it. I don't know how many RS200 liveries MSC have done, but I'd have thought that there were enough that they could have side-stepped this one if they'd have wanted to.

I'll just have one of their other RS200 offerings, please.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes it is the one involved in the crash as you correctly pointed out Stu.

I don't mean this to sound in the least bit morbid, nor disrespectful, but for me that is what makes it all the more appealing, as a piece of rallying history.
It is also one of the prettiest liveries too.

True that was a very sad day, and as you rightly say, it was the first nail in the group B coffin, but................

How many of us have loads of Colin McRae's cars, we buy those to add to our collections, etc etc

Not sure how it would go down in Grahams colection though as he's in Italy.................hmmmmmm

Cheers Dave

·
Tel
4,065 Posts
Although the accident was a tragedy, I don't think the livery should not be made ... what about models of Enola Gay, Bismarck etc etc ?
We are all entitled to our opinions, but to me its just a rather nice looking livery, not the best one they do IMO though.

I still haven't yet got myself an RS200, but I will, and despite the fact I think the scaley looks closer to the real deal, the MSC has a lot more performance potential .... hmmmm.
But, I do wish they would drop the monte carlo chassis and use a model specific one ...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Tel,

Yeah, whole heartedly agree with you re the accident.....................annoyingly it was mainly the fault of the spectators, mobbing the stage and not moving out the way of the cars...............Still happens today, even on our local "Club Level" Stages that I do up here in the Highlands.

My analogy to Colin McRae was probably not the best example, as after all, he didn't die rallying, but it makes the point, like say Fittipaldi F1's etc etc etc.
Retailers refusing to sell the car will IMHO just lose profits, hope they're earning well elsewhere in this economic climate

Interesting what you say about the MSC Chassis, I've never seen a MSC Car before, I got my first one in the post today, a 6R4...................

I was well impressed with it's quality, and although it's not been on track yet, the chassis looks impressive to me, all in all a nice model, and I'll certainly be ordering the Mateus RS200...................

Again, the difference of personal tastes comes up, still good job we don't all like the same thing LOL...............

I just adore the red and green, I also like the Purolator livery, but not as much as the Mateus !!

Cheers Dave

·
Tel
4,065 Posts
There's not much wrong with the chassis in that sense, its a good universal one. But why have that adjustability on a rtr car ? (well I know why they do it but you get my drift)

The running gear is a on the cheap side, especially considering the cost is slot it territory, but the cars have a lot of tuneability, which is a major plus point in my eyes.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for that Tel,

I can now see what you mean re the chassis on RTR now.
Not being a "Pro Racer", I suppose I looked at them a bit different, just my lack of experience across the different makes, I've only just this year branched out from an all Scaley stable plus 2 Nincos LOLOL

I was thinking along the lines that if it's good on one car, it'll be good on another, rather than a host of different model specific ones being in my eyes a bit more of a lottery.

Slot it territory makes sense, although I was lucky enuf to get the 6R4 for £32 pls p+p

Cheers Dave

·
Registered
439 Posts
Dave,
Sorry if it is not a rude question please can you let me know where you got the 6r4 from at that price?
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Dr H,

No problem

EBay Auction, brand new in box from Pendles guess it was a bit of a one off, but keep your eye on EBay, there are a few on there around that price
This Pic doesn't do it justice, the detail is amazing, I've got a couple of buddys up here who have real ones they Rally and these are really good modelsMine is the number 13 Car, 1985 Lombard RAC driven by Malcolm Wilson

I'll do some better pics in a separate post when i get time, and put up a couple of the real cars

FWIW, I think I've found someone who has the Mateus RS200 in stock already, but won't be able to confirm that until I've spoke to them in the week

Cheers Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts