SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got an MSC Impreza and observed that the front axle has a lot of up-down movement. It looks like the ride height is adjustable with grub screws above and below the axle but these did not come with the car. Standard Slot.it grub screws are too thick for the upper holes. What should I use here to prevent the axle from going all the way to the top ?
Steve

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I just looked at a 6R4. The holes underneath the axles are 1.7mm approx. So std. 2mm screws will fit.

You'll need to find a 2mm screw and file a flat on one side then "tap" the plastic hole with this screw. Then a 2mm grub screw will fit right in.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Steve I filed a flats on opposite sides makes it smaller so fits in the hole. If drilling holes they need to be 1.6mm but in plastic 1.5 is close enough.

Hmmm. MSC holes are 1.7 so I tried. You just need a bit more "English" applied to the grub screw you have.

It fits without tapping etc..

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
That is the point you don't need to open up anything if the holes above are the same as the holes below. (Ie. 1.7mm) and there is no reason to suggest they would be different.

Just firmly, while turning force the grub screw in. Once in half a turn or so it will simply screw itself in. The guys who build these (slot cars) are not as stupid as some would like us to believe)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I'll try what you suggest Abarth Mike. By the way, I find that the standard drive band that the car is fitted with is quite slack. Can you tell me if this is normal ?
Steve

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
i wouldn,t think the drive band should be slack, their quite tightish on the 2 four wheel drives i own. cut a piece out with a scalpel and rejoin with ca glue, prefferably the black rubber toughend type. Mikes spot on with the grubscrews, just apply pressure when screwing them in and they,l cut there own thread, with the added advantage they wont work loose when running the car. john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.