SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a shallower guide available for the MSC 6R4 as the guide is a little deep for classic track.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Not sure if there is another size, but my Ninco Evo had the same problem, I just sand it down a bit at a time, untill it sits properly/stops clicking.

Simon

BTW gonna dismantle a lap counter today!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Ninco cars I just used loads until the guides wore down, the MSC guide seems to be made of stronger plastic

I started work on a new project yesterday, bumpy track, which consists of Sport radius 2 bends (I've got loads of them) and attacking them with a Dremel, hopefully the paint will be dry this evening so I can test them.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Julian.
Two simply options.
Use a (pre worn) Ninco guide. These are a good fit, but you must trim back the thickness at the eyelet fitting. The plastic here is a little thicker than the MSC guide, and it will just snag if you don't remove a little thickness with an exacto blade.
Option two.
Use a pre worn Ninco guide as a pattern, and shape the MSC guide to this, It is easy two shorten its depth, get a roughish sand paper/emery cloth place it on a block and rub the guide fore and aft until you achieve the same depth as the Ninco pattern. Make sure you round the lead edge of the gude, as this helps when you meet all the 'interesting' joints and track misalignments we ecounter on many SRGB stages!
It really is very easy, and is a lot quicker to modify the MSC guide than to write this 'how to'!
Cheers Bill

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I've got quite a few cars of different makes on which the guide clatters on the Classic track webs.

I have, in the past, shortened the guide blade, but what I do now is fold the braid in half. This has worked fine on Ninco, Team Slot and the later Scalextric (round detachable plate type) guides. On SCX cars I fold the trailing part of the braid under the leading part.

HTH,
Stuart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts