SlotForum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts

MSC Metro 6R4, RAC Rally 1985, Malcolm Wilson & Nigel Harris, #13 REF; MSC-6017

MSC Metro 6R4, RAC Rally 1985, Tony Pond & Rob Arthur, #10 REF; MSC-6016

Two new liveries both with light pods (non light) and light pod covers. Lightweight body with MSC Montecarlo chassis
inline 21k boxer motor, 4x4, Sprung guide.

Photo with permission from Mr. Scott Brownlee.

Photo with permission from Mr. Scott Brownlee.

Available in the UK June.

The 1985 RAC was the first major event for the 6R4 and Tony Pond nearly won the event, eventually beaten by Delta S4's of Markku Alen and event winner Henri Toivonen. Tony Pond finished third overall, Malcolm Wilson retired.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What a nice model, one of the best I've seen and I see plenty of the real ones in the flesh

Gotta add that to my list

Cheers Dave

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
very nice cars indeed.That light pod is just asking to be lit up with led's.Special stage of kielder at night with them blazing would be awesome..

·
Registered
424 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Croker @ 6 Jun 2011, 22:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Big Tony's Metro

More money heading Pendles way then

There is just an endless run of great looking cars becoming available at the moment. I'd almost decided that I'd probably pass on one of the Metros and wait to get one next year (I felt I'd got a bit carried away in the SCX sales!), but I love the look of these two RAC 6R4's!

The only decision is whether to get #10 or #13...

And I've just seen what looks like a picture of the Impreza on getslotted...that looks the biz too

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
Does anyone know if the yellow front splitter and Mobil light pod cover are supplied with the #10 car ? I guess I'm not overly concerned about the pod cover, but the model looks kind of unfinished without the splitter.

Stuart.

·
Registered
600 Posts
i'd like to know if there are any plans to release a plain white version ? I have a set of decals for the John and Caroline Price car I am itching to use !

·
Phil Clayton
879 Posts
QUOTE (stoooo @ 7 Jun 2011, 06:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know if the yellow front splitter and Mobil light pod cover are supplied with the #10 car ? I guess I'm not overly concerned about the pod cover, but the model looks kind of unfinished without the splitter.

Stuart.

Stuart,
It'd be my guess that they've produced two slightly different models deliberately to capture collector sales.
in addition, I'm not sure the splitter ever lasted very long on Pondy's car

What would be nice now is if MSC did some other GroupB cars to go with the Metro and RS200.... like the Lancia Delta S4 for instance... (crosses his fingers and hopes).

Cheers

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
QUOTE (ThatCorvetteGuy @ 7 Jun 2011, 17:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It'd be my guess that they've produced two slightly different models deliberately to capture collector sales.
That'd be a shame. I want the Pond version, but if it comes minus the splitter, I'll be changing my mind and getting the one that looks complete, even if it means buying the one that didn't actually make it to the finish line

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
QUOTE (stoooo @ 7 Jun 2011, 09:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know if the yellow front splitter and Mobil light pod cover are supplied with the #10 car ? I guess I'm not overly concerned about the pod cover, but the model looks kind of unfinished without the splitter.

Stuart.
Do we have a definitive answer on this yet ? These cars can't be far from hitting the streets, and it'd be nice to know for sure what the finished articles will look like.

Cheers,
Stuart.

G

·
Love this car, I bought my one at the Gaydon event and very tempted to get another!

Big bonus I have Dirt3 PS3 game with 6R4 to play with, see video below

·
Registered
69 Posts
Crikey, by far my favourite rally car of all time, and what a wonderful job they have done. Looks like my revisit to slot cars might become a little expensive.

BRING IT ON!

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Agree with all here, I bought one of the Gaydon specials, and it's a really beautiful looking car.
Might have to look at the RS200s next...
Cheers
Richard

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Typically the min i post some pics more updates come through.

More pics of the actual cars (including the UK special edition);

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
Ta very much.

QUOTE (JEXY1 @ 8 Jul 2011, 14:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And there's another nail in the coffin. The yellow front lip is melted into place, so it's not like it's a simple matter of just clipping it on or off. How disappointing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts