SlotForum banner

MSC Peugeot 205 T16

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  pasiro 
#1 ·
As mentioned elsewhere I picked up a Spirit 205 T16 body up at Ossett swapmeet a few weeks ago, and after much consideration I eventually decided to go for the MSC chassis, at a little over £11 I thought it would be a good buy.
I hadn't planned on using a drop arm but without the shortest drop arm the chassis wouldn't fit under the body, and even then it is only marginal

This picture shows how close to the front the guide is, you can also see the plastic added to which I screw the body too

Another view showing how near to the front of the car the guide is

It can't be viewed from above though

I even had to trim the rear of the chassis for it to fit

The completed car

It's just had a few laps and feels OK, although the motor doesn't seem as punchy as it did when I ran it in the Fly. Probably need to do some experimenting with different tyre combos as the back is a bit slippy

See less See more
#4 ·
Good job
Hi I've recently done the same thing
I got hold of a 205 body surplus from a 2 body car and fitted a montecarlo chassis although mine does not have the drop arm yet.
I'm currently running the MSC motor which I'm planning on changing because it's way too fast.
The fly motor probably feels slower due to losses from the extra friction created by the 4wd.
I got my body lower on the chassis by modifying the rear of the chassis- I cut the rear bit off and added a new one about 1-2mm lower down and this makes the body height looks good still got to sort some correct wheels though
I'll post up some pics soon

#7 ·
Hi Pasiro,

I have shortened a droparm so it will fit my 6r4, that would be your best solution.
Seems to work fine, and i've strengthened it so should survive Slotrally next week!
My 6r4 is running the anglewinder chassis with flat6 and the droparm. It's a tight fit,
but it goes ok

Cheers,

Gareth

#8 ·
QUOTE (GDJ @ 25 Jul 2012, 13:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Pasiro,

I have shortened a droparm so it will fit my 6r4, that would be your best solution.

Not sure what you mean that shortening it would be best solution, it only just fits but it DOES fit

QUOTE (GDJ @ 25 Jul 2012, 13:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Seems to work fine, and i've strengthened it so should survive Slotrally next week!
My 6r4 is running the anglewinder chassis with flat6 and the droparm. It's a tight fit,
but it goes ok

Cheers,

Gareth

Hoping to run this for the first time (in anger) at the Pendle Slot Rally

I take it that you'll be running in the modified class with yours now it's been modified?

#10 ·
Sorry no spare chassis I just bought a body only from someone else
You can actually fit the chassis without the droparm as MSC make a couple of different Front End Axle/guide holders
I got a 1/2 price MG and used the chassis under an Ocar Audi S1. The MG has the "short " front I swapped this onto the universal chassis and put the longer front onto the Audi which has more room.
I'll get some pics tonight

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Guys.

Do yourselves a favour and cut back the front winglets level with the bumper.

They catch on bits of scenery on nearly every stage and will cost you time and the breakages are a pain to fix after they've snapped off.

It's more accurate to the T16 E2 as well.

See my car:

#14 ·
QUOTE (steveaca @ 31 Jul 2012, 05:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I notice some photos show MSC chassis with drive belts on both sides of the car. Do any of the cars come with this setup or is this a modification ?

The bare chassis doesn't come with 4wd so I had to buy the pully's separate and they come in a pack of four. And as I had a couple of spare drive belts at home it felt the proper thing to do, to put them on both sides as I had everything I needed to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.