SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,167 Posts
From my experience with 2x MSC cars - RS200 and 6R4 - I would say no to your "are they faster?".

I haven't run either of these cars against a C4, but I've got loads of other SCX cars and on my predominately Scalextric Sport rally track, which is mainly R1 and R2 with the longest straight only 2mtrs, the MSC cars are among the slowest because they are very hard to keep in the slot.

The detail on the cars is brilliant, but I'm unlikely to buy any more, and if I'd have paid the normal asking price for them I'd have been very disappointed. Detail is all very well, but handling is of greater importance to me.

In fact, I'm having problems with the rear axle on the 6R4. I can't get the crown to grip the axle. The grub screw has been tightened that many times the the allen key now spins in the screw and the crown is still loose . I'll have to get a better crown.
Not impressive for a £50+ car.

The belt driven 4wd was never the brightest of ideas, either. For the band to be tight enough to actually drive the front wheels of my MSC cars when they are under load, the front axle is pulled out of line.

To sum my feelings up.......... Buyer beware!

Just my 2p.

· Registered
3,167 Posts
QUOTE (steveaca @ 10 Jul 2012, 07:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm wondering when you say that the MSC cars are the slowest, if you're running magnets.
No, I'm not.

QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 10 Jul 2012, 08:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you don't want to spend over £40 the Ninco Focus and C4 are very good.
Agreed. Particularly the C4.

· Registered
3,167 Posts
QUOTE (martini917k @ 10 Jul 2012, 14:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Stu, on a tight, twisty, slippery track the MSC stock motor is your problem; it has too much rpm & torque; drop down to an NC-5 or even NC-2 & you will greatly enjoy the car.
Good advice!
TBH, I seem to recall reading it somewhere else but had forgotten it.

I've swapped motors between my MSC RS200 and Ninco Lancer this evening. The RS200 is a much nicer car with the NC-5 in, and I've lopped a good 5sec of my stage time.

The Lancer is more of a handful with the MSC motor in, in spite of being a heavier car than the RS200. I'll have to source a couple of NC-5s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.