SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting an MSC car to race in our club's rally car class. We run on Scaley Sport digital track and rally car class is for non-mag. cars (2 or 4 wheel drive), restricted to motors of no more than 21,500 rpm. Inaugural event for this class was last week and the fastest car was an SCX Citroen C4 4-wheel-drive. My questions are as follows:
1) Which MSC car would be the best for this , taking into account the non-mag rule? I'm thinking the Ford RS200 or Subaru Impreza.
2)Do the above cars have different chassis ? From the photos I've seen, the Subaru appears magnet-less but the Ford has a magnet. The actual chassis appears different as well.
3)What size axles (3/32 " diameter ?) do these cars use ? Will Slot.it components such as gears and rims work on the standard axles ?
4)Are silicone tyres available to fit the standard rims ?
5)What are the motor specs (power, torque, rpm) ?
6)At the end of the day, is this car going to be any faster than the SCX Citroen ?
Steve

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks StuBeeDoo. I'm wondering when you say that the MSC cars are the slowest, if you're running magnets. Our rally class is for non-magnet cars and with magnets removed, it is possible that the MSCs might outperform the SCXs. I do prefer the direct drive 4x4 set-up of the SCX cars to the belt drive arrangement of these cars.
I agree with you about the crown/axle issue in that the price of these cars should warrant some level of reliability.
Steve

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great to know that the Slot.it motor pods can be used on the Impreza. I would be interested in running the standard motor and pod though but with silicone tyres. I can't seem to find a reference anywhere advising which silicones would work on the standard rims of this car. Can anyone help ? If silicones can't be sourced to run on the standard rims, would Slot.it rims work on the MSC axles ? As we're at it, how about Slot.it crown gears : would Slot.it gears match up with MSC motor pinion ?
Thanks in advance for your input.
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.