Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 2 MSC cars which, out of the box, are a handful on my tight rally stage.

On advice from the forum I tried a Ninco NC-5 out of my Lancer in one of the MSC cars and it's now a much nicer car. The advice was to use either NC-2 or NC-5. Now I want to replace the motors in both MSC cars, based on my experience.

The NC-5 seems to be adequate and I think that any more revs or torque are going to set me back to square one, but looking on Pendle's website they seem to have been deleted and if they sell-out before I'm ready to order I'll need to go for a different motor. Anyone know what the NC-7 is like in comparison to the NC-5? On paper it's rated fractionally lower in both revs and torque, but that's never the whole story, is it?

I've got a spare Team Slot TS-11 I'm going to try in one or other of the cars, but I think it may be too powerful. I've ordered 1x NC2 off eBay already, but are there any other motors which are a direct replacement for the MSC offering? I'm not interested in high-revving and/or high-torque motors, it seems they just don't suit my track.

TIA.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Sounds like you might need a lower ohm controller if you can't control a powerful motor. What kind of controller are you using?

If you just want a responsive 18k rpm rpm and calm torque NC2 size motor then go for a Fly 'rally' motor. Gaugemaster were selling them for next to nothing last month, so go see if they have any left in stock. Otherwise NC2 is a good choice.

Don't go for a Scaleauto replacement as they are famed for having no ability to brake and acting a bit mental.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for ^^^ that.

QUOTE (Screwneck @ 11 Jul 2012, 18:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds like you might need a lower ohm controller if you can't control a powerful motor. What kind of controller are you using?
Parma 45ohm.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
The NC2 and the Fly 'rally' motors go a dream with 45ohms. NC5 goes well, too. Anything more powerful in rpm and g/cm could force you to drop to 25ohms to get nice responsive perfromance.

Good luck with the NC2 and your search around Gaugemaster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts