SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased both of those as I intended to upgrade my rs200. I have eventually fitted the drop arm, it took about 4 hours, involved a lot of cutting and drilling and trimming of the chassis and parts to get it to fit in. I dont think it was intended for the rs200 and will be even worse in the metro.

The suspension springs I just rally have no idea where these are supposed to go. does anyone have any ideas? there are no screw caps like nsr suspension, just a bunch of springs.

Points have to be given for the amount of spare screws, nuts and things in the msc suspension pack, as i was easily able to replace every little fiddly bit i dropped on the floor and couldnt find again. Just be warned if you are considering fitting this to your msc rs200 please hire an elf who has little pointy fingers and not just usiong your own big sausage fingers.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up ironman,

I think the parts are intended for the MSC Monte Carlo chassis which is different to that in both RS200 and 6R4.

vbr Chris A.

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the chassis is a monte carlo chassis in the rs200, the parts fit onto the chassis, its getting them into the body thats the problem.

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just to clarify this is the description from pendles of my car

Ford RS200 No.5 "Belga" Rally Ypres 1986 - R.Droogmans & R.Joosten
Lightweight body with Montecarlo chassis
Inline 21k boxer motor, 4x4, Sprung guide, magnet
Separate decal sheet included with correct sponsors logos

I thanks it is the same chassis with the side parts added, which is one of the 2 parts that needed major modifications so far, but surely the way the springs add suspension should be the same and having no instructions with the parts i have no idea where about in the car these should go.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hi Ironman,

notwithstanding the description, if you go to the Pendles site and click on MSC, then scroll to the bottom you will see a piccie of a Monte Carlo chassis.

You should be able to see that the MC chassis is different to that fitted to both RS200 and 6R4.

In particular, look at the rear axle mountings !!.

On the MC chassis the rear axle bearings are in slotted pillars, just like the fronts are on RS200 & 6R4.

Now, the spring kit contains 8 springs. Is it possible that they go above and below all four bearings ??.

I am guessing cos although I have the above cars, I do not have, and have not seen, the springs in question.

vbr Chris A.

ps: the Subaru chassis is different again, a much better bit of kit, and when fitted with a Slotit "Flat 6R"motor on 9:26, very quick !!.

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the springs are just tiny little springs. they cant go over a screw like normal as all the screws in the chassis are tight. loose screws dont allow any real movement in the chassis. i did think maybe the springs go inside the axle pillars, but then this would leave loose gearing for the rear gears.

looking on pendles the 2 subaru white kits that show the chassis in the pictures have seperate motor pods so maybe the springs are for them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Metro and RS200 chassis are referenced as "Monte Carlo" ones, but do not have spring arm due to too short body.

If you buy a RTR Anglewinder MonteCarlo chassis, it's sold with 3 arms of different lenghts, and the Anglewinder configuration with a new rear drive train, and springs that are to be inserted in the "columns" where are the bearings, beetween the bearings and the M2 screws.

...these chassis are really technologically advanced but you have to burn some brain cells to understood how they work.

Just like the Alpine A310 avant Slot ones.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
I hope all the faffing around is worthwhile and that your car performs better afterwards

Luckily Chrimbo is only 3 months away so there'll be lots of elves with pointy fingers around in the shops soon loading up the shelves

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up,

Well, there you go !!.

Never having seen the items in question, I just worked it out.

This country is the poorer for fewer Engineers.

Thank Blair for degrees in "diversity" and "inclusivity" from tech colleges renamed as universities so the staff get a 200% pay rise.

Well done Tony.

Sorry, but isn't it strange that we have been conditioned by Nulabor, to apologise for having a brain !!.

Again, sorry for speaking truth.

vbr CJA.

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers for that lanciaB. I really should take a picture of the underside of my rs200 now its a completely different car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts