SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Yes Kev, even Geoff, 5th in Gp5, was close on time, it was just that he had a bad red lane heat. His car was definitely quick enough.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
Now you've said that I've looked at the results, not only was Geoff quick enough his hot lap was only beaten by Rog in Gr5.

In which case, weren't the five Gr5's close!!!

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
... Great race report too Steve, looks like you spent quite some time on it.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
F1/GP - 31st May 2018

Firstly, apologies if I have listed your car incorrectly, I did create a list on the night, but then left it there!

Everyone decided to run F1 cars in this race. Even though Paul elected to run a GP car, as it didn't fit the CSCRA rules he said he was happy to run it in with the bigger cars, hoping to do a bit of 'giant killing' I suspect!

Steve Marshall was driving in F1 class for the first time in ages after having his car tuned by Mutley Racing, so he struggled with the pace in his first heat but really improving in his next two. It still wasn't enough to move him off last spot though, with Claire beating him by half a lap to take 9th. Claire's quickest lap time indicating that she could have moved up a couple of places with a bit more consistancy, having a poor blue lane run.

Keagan though, will have been pleased to beat his Mum, putting in a great blue lane himself, improving on his first two heats by over 3 laps.

Mike B was next up the road, suffering from lack of grip, and making anyone who was trying to get past suffer too, avoiding the back end of his car swinging out! Give Mike his due, he tried to drive with gentlemanly conduct and let people through, but time could be lost whilst he was waiting for a suitable spot to lift off and let people past.

Wayne drove well, using an Andy White scratch built car, which we all know are fast, putting in a great yellow lane, which helped keep Mike B behind.

Geoff came 5th, just over half a lap ahead of Wayne in his own AW built scratch Williams car, putting his own best heat in on blue lane with a 25 lapper.

Giant killer Paul Thomas was in 4th, with a 71.45 lap race, driving his GP car really well and enjoying chasing the big cars down. This just shows what a quick driver, who's not concerned with being at the top of the score shheets, can do with a less powerful car.

The top three were in a class of their own though, with Mark Taylor, 'Mr Consistently Quick', taking the bottom podium step with an 80 lapper, almost getting a 27 lap heat in blue lane.

A lap and a half ahead of Mark was Mike Dove, driving really well with his much improved scratch Lotus, getting two 28 lap heats and a quickest time only a tenth of a second behind the eventual winners best.

Top step on the podium went to Steve Morrow, driving his scratch Red Bull, putting in two 28 lap heats and a best lap of 5.8 seconds. Steve said the grip on his tyres seemed better than normal, probably because of the warm conditions, but he's expecting it all to go downhill from here!
mellow.png

gallery_17007_1299_13256.jpg

Small Saloon/Sports - 31st May 2018

Racing these cars is a whole different experience from the F1's, as our three newest members found out, all struggling with the much smaller and more unstable cars. Wayne was driving an AW scratch Mini, but really struggled keeping it on all 4 wheels. Towards the end he was holding it together better, and just managed to keep ahead of the rest of the family, who's scratch Healey was definitely more stable, but also got into the corners much quicker, often taking them by surprise and meaning that their braking was too late! Claire missed out on beating Wayne by just 3/100ths of a second after 9 minutes of racing! Close.

Geoff was next up the road in his Scalextric Healey. Marshalls really need to be issued with back braces for handling this car, as Geoff has had to put so much lead into it to make it handle!
biggrin.png

Geoff improved in every heat, but couldn't keep with Paul in 5th, who was 4 laps up the road in his great handling VW Beetle. Not the fastest car by any means, but it drives well and would look great if Paul painted it something other than bright green!
tongue.png

Mark drove really well to take 4th spot with his almost standard Ninco Porsche 550, but was a lap behind Mike Buss in his scratch built Chaparral. It is great to see the variation in cars in this class, there are some nice looking ones too.

Mike Dove took second in his great looking scratch AC Cobra. Mike seemed not to get the best out of the car in the first two heats for some reason, but finally came into true form in his last heat, getting a 24 lapper.

Mike couldn't keep with Steve's scratch, Tiger liveried, Porsche 911 though, Steve putting in a consistent race with three 25 lappers. A roaring success!
wink.png

gallery_17007_1299_122485.jpg

Hope to see you all down for the fast cars next race: Falcon sports and Sports.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I enjoyed reading that Steve, looks like I'll have to up my report writing game when I eventually get back :)

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Thanks Kev, nice to know that my efforts are appreciated. As you know, it takes valuable time to compile one of these reports, and I'm the one that asks the question every AGM "do we really need them?" Your reports have always been very good, and appreciated, but I look forward to your renewed efforts when you return.
biggrin.png

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
1/32nd Falcon Sports - 7th June 2018

Everyone seemed to be suffering from a lack of grip on one lane or another tonight, possibly because of the high temperature in the club room and on the track. The Isle of Man has been basking in the sun over the last 2 weeks and we have even had to open a window!

There were lots of places where the tape was coming up, due to the heat. That is why braid is so much better, it allows for some expansion and contraction due to different temperatures. But, there was only one proper repair needed during racing that Mike B and Steve sorted pretty quickly.

Claire was just half a lap behind Keagan in this race. Unfortunately she suffered a bit of car trouble, the body getting a bit wrapped up on the rear wheel. She was given another club car to run and that one lasted ok.

Keagan struggled in his first heat on red lane, consistently coming off on one tight corner, and usually collecting his Dads car in the process! Once he settled down (or should that be slowed down
happy.png
) on that corner he put together a much better race. Looking at his best lap time, he was down in the 5.4's along with Geoff and his Dad.

Geoff was next up the road, suffering a bit with power pick up problems. Once Steve had sorted his braids out for him he enjoyed much better racing. Next race, with a little bit of fettling (washer under the guide maybe), the car should be much better to drive.

Wayne raced very well, putting in some quick heats. He was just let down by his yellow lane heat where he kept collecting another car on his bonnet!
blink.png

Mike Dove had spent all his spare time sorting out the club BSCRA cars for us (Thanks Mike) and unfortunately didn't have time to look at his own, and suffered because of this. He is going to now dedicate some time to servicing it, so look out next race!

Brian was putting in some fast lap times and his usual consistent race. A better red lane and he might have been on the Podium again.

Mark took 3rd place, having put in four excellent heats, within half a lap of each other, and almost getting below the 5 second lap time. Putting Marks performance into some perspective, he has raced these cars with a 7 Ohm Parma controller ever since Steve sold it to him about 2 years ago. Nothing fancy (or should I say nothing expensive) for Mark!
biggrin.png

In 2nd place was a rejuvenated Mike Buss, back to his normal sort of form with these cars, and knocking on the door of getting into the 4's for a lap. Mike also had the advantage of having a powerful fan on his controller, keeping him cool during the racing in the hot conditions.

In 1st place though was Steve, putting in three 33 lap heats, and then finding blue lane just suited his car enough to get to 35 laps and get under the 5 second mark on a couple of occasions.

Some great racing, and people are only going to improve with more suitable controllers and their own cars.

gallery_17007_1299_118350.jpg

Sports Cars - 7th June 2018

From the fast cars on the Coastal Circuit, we now went across to race other fast cars on the Ballayorkley Circuit, Sport Cars. In this race we had a real variation in cars, with all but 3 running with a plastic chassis. The grip seemed to be pretty good on there tonight, with some consistent racing by most drivers
Just a quick note on the definition of our 'Standard' cars here, which we just use in the results to differentiate the different type of cars being entered: We class a car as 'Standard' in the results if it is using it's original plastic chassis. So, it can still be modified with metal wheels, different motor, motor mount, weight added etc. but these items should be able to be bought 'off the shelf'. It just shows the difference between those and cars that have had their chassis changed, or specially built for them, with no real limitations except for our basic rules on track width, tyre sizes etc.
I didn't want anyone thinking that standard, out of the box cars went so well.... because we all know that most are useless on a wooden track without a bit of work!
wacko.png

Keagan was, again, driving a car that was new to him, and took a couple of heats to settle with it, but in his third heat on blue he raced well, driving more of his own race, rather than trying to keep with faster cars.

Claire was in 9th, 5 laps behind a close group of three racers that had a great battle, Wayne ending up in 6th, just one tenth of a lap in front of Mike Dove, who's scratch built Shadow DN4 was going really well, but Mike having a poor blue lane heat. Both these drivers had scratch built cars, and Geoff was just one lap behind them in his standard Mosler. The Moslers used to be the class of the field until some scratch builds started getting the better of them. Mike put in the fastest lap of the race with a 6.042 second lap.

In 5th was Mark, who's standard NSR Porsche 911 looked really smooth and was driven well enough to beat some Moslers and scratch built cars.

The top 4 drivers and cars were so close, just over a lap between them all! Brian Leadley and Mike Buss were within 1/10th of a lap of each other after nine minutes of racing. Mike also driving a scratch UOP Shadow, and Brian driving a standard Mosler. Mike B just edged it, taking 3rd place from Brian...... Brian, you must have blinked during the heat again!
dry.png

The top two places were taken by Steve and Paul, both using cars set up in a very similar way, both using 18K motors and 10mm wide tyres (you are allowed 12mm wide in our Sports class). Steve and Paul had both tried some time ago to get the Slot.it and Racer Porsche's to go well on our circuit, but without success.
But, Pauls idea of using lower powered motors gave much less sliding at the rear of the cars. We have always used the term "not race winners, but driveable cars", but were about to be proved wrong, with a first and second place for these underpowered cars.
And what close racing they provided, on red lane Paul was quicker by 6/100ths of a lap, on yellow lane Steve was quicker by less than 2/10ths of a lap, and it was only on blue lane that Steve improved his lead by just under 6/10ths of a lap! Two different cars by two different manufacturers! Less than half a lap in it after 9 minutes racing to take the win. Brilliant.

gallery_17007_1299_101551.jpg

Here is to next week, when we will be racing the club 1/24th Falcon Sports Cars and having a fun race for GP cars. Hope to see you there.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nice one Steve, I enjoyed that. The weather certainly has affected the racing, I always thought the summer racing was iffy.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
It wasn't a great turnout for us tonight, with only eight drivers. We had one on school duties, one who has a doctors note, and several who either couldn't be bothered or maybe prefer 'Love Island' instead! Sadly, there are currently clubs that are closing down, and we are lucky to have the brilliant club facilities that we do, so please make the most of them whilst we still have them!
smile.png

Club Car 1/24th Falcon Sports

Racing started with the 1/24th BSCRA Falcon Sports Car Class. These are Club Cars, so just stay on their lane and every driver gets to drive the same car on the same lane. Club Cars are the closest we can get to having a 'Drivers Class' rather than a Car/Driver Class. We restricted this race to three lanes so that we had enough marshals.

I don't think the Dellerba family were present last time we raced these cars, so Keagan sensibly tried to settle in with them, really getting to grips with them on the blue lane, and managing over 30 laps and breaking into the 4.9's for a lap.

Claire wasn't quite as fast over one lap, but put in a much more consistent race to take 7th place from Keagan.

Geoff was doing a similar pace to Claire, just slightly faster, but managing to do a much better blue lane and take 6th place by over three laps. Geoff broke the 5 second lap barrier on blue lane too.

Wayne put in a good race again, getting below 5 seconds on a couple of lanes, and almost managing a 34 lapper on blue lane to take 5th place.

The top 4 were all within 5 laps of each other, Brian losing out on a podium place by just one lap to Mike Buss, who has definitely come back into form with the BSCRA cars. Brian got below 5 seconds on each of the lanes, with his best being a 4.87 on blue lane. Mike did a 4.785 on blue, just a fraction away from a 35 lap heat.

Second place went to Mark, who put in a brilliant race. Mark put his fastest lap in on blue lane, a 4.617 second lap, but did his fastest heat on the yellow with a great 35 lapper.

The only person who managed to beat Marks best heat, and fastest lap, was Steve, the eventual race winner. Steve was beaten by Mark on the yellow lane, and Mike B on the blue, but couldn't be touched on the white lane, putting in a fast 36.738 laps and a 4.595 second lap time. Great racing.

gallery_17007_1299_70563.jpg

GP Car Fun Race

This was done just to try and introduce a few more members to the delights of racing GP cars, with narrow tyres, narrow wheel track and higher ground clearance. There were a few cars kindly lent out by members, but we are hoping a few more will build their own GP cars for future events.
I know I for one am always reluctant to lend out scratch built cars, as I don't have a lot of spare time, and when I spend it building and detailing a car, I don't want anyone else being responsible for damaging it. There are others though, who are much more generous than myself.... thanks guys.

I don't know whether a list of car types was created, but I wasn't given one, so I'm having a guess at the cars raced. Apologies if I get it wrong. A few are assumed to be CSCRA spec, as they were built to be raced at some of the Wolves races, but the Cartrix one's weren't. As we called this a fun race it didn't matter for this event though.

Keagan struggled with this type of car, still expecting it to go round corners like all previous cars he's driven, so spent a lot of time with the marshals re slotting him. A bit more practice and he would pick it up though.

Geoff was running probably the most difficult car to drive. It was an ebay purchased scratch build that still needs work to lower the body on the chassis. Geoff did well though, being careful not to inflict any damage, or take the drivers head off!

Claire did well with this type of car, coming in 7th and driving sensibly. Although, looking at her best time, it was only beaten by the Cartrix cars and Waynes much later GP car, so could possibly have been further up the rankings.

Wayne was in 6th place, putting in a quick blue lane just allowing him to take the place from Claire. He struggled a bit with his car too, although it was the most modern of the cars racing, using wider tyres and having a wider rear track width.

Steve was next up, ending up in fifth, having selected the biggest of his own build CSCRA spec GP cars to drive and finding it just didn't like the tight corners. On the sweeping big bend it was great fun, drifting around beautifully, but too much time was lost in the twisty bits.

Mike Buss was the top CSCRA spec car, in fourth, in his own build Vanwall, just behind the set of three Cartrix cars (standard chassis but modified wheels etc.) that took all the podium places. Mike was struggling slightly with his car, as it wasn't going as well as the last time it was on the track.

All of these Cartrix based cars had been tuned by Paul (one of them Steve's, the other were Pauls own) with similar motors and tyres, so that they had very similar speed and handling characteristics to give great racing against each other. Brian took 3rd place in the Porsche 804, putting in a great race with an unfamiliar car.
Next up was Mark, again driving an unfamiliar car, the Maseratti 250F, but this one was just half a 10th faster than Pauls Vanwall, going off the fastest lap times. Paul managed to overcome that fractional advantage though, and took top step on the podium by under a lap, putting in two 24 lap heats compared to Marks one. Enough to take the win.

A great race, and great fun, especially for the top three, who's cars handled beautifully and gave great racing. Maybe we will get some more CSCRA GP car builds on the grid next proper F1/GP race. Lets hope so.

gallery_17007_1299_7086.jpg

Hope to see you all at next weeks race, which will be a Team Race, where you can use your favorite car (no open wheelers). We will have qualifying to sort even teams.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
My Auto Union is ready to try again after a re-re-re-re-rebuild...the only things from the original are the body and wheels
smile.png

Great report again Steve, hopefully my name will be on the next one.

...I've changed my profile tag line :)

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Race results - 21 June 2018 - Team Favourite Car with Qualifying

Twelve people turned up for one of our favourite events, race what car you like (no open wheelers), do 5 qually laps, and create equal teams for a trio of 5 minute races against equal opposition. This format usually makes each round a close affair as the three drivers are closely matched for qualifying pace.

No saloons tonight but three Group 5's mixed it with the Sports cars. All but three entries this evening were standard class cars.

Qualifying was a new experience for some and the more experienced racers made sure of a couple or three banker laps before trying hard.

Car prep usually means trouble-free racing in the longer events, checking tyre wear and fixing to the wheel, gearmesh, braid and screw tightness still need doing before fun races
smile.png

One or two had to borrow a car to finish the event, Paul (Muttley Racing) is going to be busy repairing cars for a few hours - thanks Paul (y)

The overall scores showed nobody got even close to matching their predicted score based on qually time so no sandbagging, but Claire was closest being only 4 laps behind her predicted score.

It doesn't always pay to have a mega fast car, there are plenty of Saloons in club members pit boxes capable of finishing in the top half of these results.

The marshalls were kept really busy at times but the racing was an enjoyable spectacle. Roll on the next team favourite car event.

The results chart shows cumulative laps covered, each lane saw the best part of 500 laps!

...next week is Slot Rally. The Loops Stage has been totally rebuilt, each track piece has been cleaned inside and out. There's a new layout and Standard Class cars will be very competitive on it...see you all there

Attachments

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Just a reminder for tonight's racing. Due to track copper lifting on the big track with the heat tonights classes are now going to be F1/GP and club GT40s.
The Falcon sport and Sports will run on the 12th instead if track repaired by then.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Race results/report - Tynwald Day 2018 - GP/F1 + Club GT40 on Ballayorkley

A good turnout tonight on another hot sultry evening (great summer this year
smile.png
) saw Grand Prix and F1 cars of all eras being tested and go through scrutineering.

Only one GP car saw the race track, Paul's Vanwall, running to MSCC rules, it was very consistent and he always loves racing that car. I'm surprised more club members don't race them.

The two CSCRA GP cars that were entered didn't see the race track as Andy & Kev agreed to race what the other person raced, this ended up being F1 as Andy went first.

Of the ten F1 cars entered the Standard cars of Claire & Keagan were very evenly matched with the run in Red lane the decider in Keagans favour.

The Allslot chassis has been the most popular in F1 for ages, they go well and tonight saw Kev racing the Black Bull for the first time since January really struggle on the Red lane initially but got going very well indeed with an easy 30 lapper in Yellow to finish well ahead overall. Mark also racing an Allslot but a different type of chassis did very well to finish second overall, a pair of 27 lappers is a great score. Just behind Mark in third spot was Mike D's Allslot with a resin body and a trio of 26 lappers to keep ahead of the chasing pack.

Brian and Wayne were close together at the end, Brian struggling in the Red lane (which causes a few problems to others, it needs treating with respect in a couple of places) but really flew in the Blue lane. Wayne tried to get the 6" barrier broken in practice, the car is easily capable of it and the time will come did well to finish close to Brian.

Andy's Ligier didn't like the Red lane at all, it's such a quick car that one or two deslots happen in a flash. Tonight was the first time back after a long holiday, well that's my excuse for him anyway.

Mike B's Allslot, consistent and Mike seems happy with it the way it is was quick enough to finish a little ahead of Pauls's Vanwall.

Geoff's Williams, a little rocket suffered more than anyone in the Red lane, the car is capable of mixing it with the Allslots further up the field, maybe it needs a calmer motor...maybe not, his Mini has a 30k Shark in!
wacko.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was initially planned to race Club Revslot Porsches but these may not arrive at all so we raced Club GT40 instead.

The cars are great to race, and the racing was really close at times. Paul & Mark always do well with club cars and tonight the room rang with a dog howl as Paul 'Muttley' Thomas raced away with the overall win. Mark finished a clear second overall with Andy the quickest of a group of drivers on 76 laps in third.

Keagan raced well in Blue to beat Kev in Yellow, this was one of a few close races, another was Wayne in Blue beating Andy in Yellow...and Claire was leading her race in Blue early on too.

Hopefully we'll be back on Coastal on Thursday for Falcon 32 with Sports on Ballayorkley - see you there.

Attachments

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Race report/results - 12 July 2018 - Falcon 32 on Coastal + Sport on Ballayorkley

Falcon 32 - The track was vacuumed and cleaned prior to racing, and a small repair on White lane before the start and one repair halfway through the event.

Three lanes only were used with 11 entrants. Four club cars were prepped by Mike D and raced by Wayne, Keagan, Claire and Geoff - the green car on the white lane being called as GREEN in the race just to add confusion
smile.png

Andy was the only person who managed a couple of good runs and ended up well clear at the end from Kev with Brian a couple of laps back in third.

Mike D had a good race with Kev in the last heat to finish ahead of Mark.

Race wins for Mark, Kev, Andy, Mike B, Wayne, Keagan, & Mike D saw success for the majority of drivers. Andi finished much higher up the results sheet than usual after a bit of controller setup from Brian & Mike D.

Geoff normally races a Parma International 32 but it wasn't raceable tonight so gave a club car a run.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sports on Ballayorkley saw four LMP's which makes a change and without a doubt THE race of the night saw Paul and Mark no more than half a metre apart for the full 3 mins, swapping positions throughout with Mark crossing the line first to a round of deserved applause for both drivers.

The other two LMP's saw Andi and Keagan race each other twice with both drivers beating each other once.

The Standard class win went to Kev, the Copper Mosler finishing a couple of laps clear of Mark and Paul. Mark just edging Paul by about 0.8 seconds after 9 mins racing.

Brian's Mosler was the next Standard class finisher, driven hard by racing Keagan & Andi in a couple of close races. The other Standard Mosler raced by Claire gave Wayne a couple of close races at the end of the meeting.

The Scratch class win went to Andy, his UOP Shadow DN6C had no competition tonight apart from his run in Red lane racing Kevs Standard class Mosler. A 30 lapper and 5.6" lap showed how quick a car can get round this track.

The race for 2nd in the Scratch class between Mike D & Mike B was a close affair, both cars matched on lap time but Mike B's UOP Shadow DN4 had a great run in Red lane to keep Mike D in 3rd in class.

The other Scratch class car raced by Wayne had a buckled rear wheel for two races then crashed in turn #1 with the new wheel fitted! will hopefully see the lap times reduce as the car is capable of sub - 6 second laps.

Race wins for Kev, Andy, Brian, Mark, Mike D, Paul & Mike B again saw the majority of drivers go home happy.

Again we saw some considerate driving tonight, letting a faster car past when being lapped loses you a couple of tenths but gains a couple of laps
wink.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Next week we are back on Coastal for the quickest cars the club has - Club 1/24 Sport and the slowest class we have on Ballayorkley - Small Sport/Saloon.

Attachments

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Updated GP/F1 results chart from last week. Pauls Vanwall is classed as F1 under MSCC rules and was the winning Standard class car.

Attachments

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
Race results/report - 19th July - Club 1/24 Sport on Coastal + Small Sport/Saloon on Ballayorkley

14 entrants tonight, 13 racing Club 1/24th Sport with one member preferring to spend the time getting in the zone for the Small Sport/Saloon racing later...

Steve was one of the early racers, he's very consistent with BSCRA cars and managed to set a three lane total that nobody else got close to.

Runner up was a close affair, Mark and Mike D only separated by 0.38 of a lap in Marks favour.

Most people are managing to regularly lap in under 5 seconds and others are right on the cusp. Fastest lap time and lane times were also spread through the field.

The updraught as the cars whizzed past was a welcome relief in the heat of the room as these cars are all too easy to drive fast...but not easy to drive very fast
wink.png

---------------------------------------------------

Small Sport/Saloon was joined by a rejuvenated 14th entrant, Paul raring to race his new Ferrari...

This class is usually well populated by AC Cobras but tonight none were entered.

In the Scratch class, Steve, Andy and Mike D have long been the quick drivers, and tonight this group included Paul. Steve's Porsche was too good to catch tonight, the silent assassin quickest in all three lanes but the pressure must have been high as the relief at the end of the racing was obvious.

A couple of Ferrari 365 P2's were separated by the runs in Red lane...Paul having the better run here to finish second and his best result in this class in front of Andy. Very close behind Andy was Mike D's little Chappy 2 to complete a quick group of four cars.

Brian headed the next group of Scratch cars, the Big Healey a regular in this class was closely followed by another pair of British classics, Mike B's MG BGT and Wayne racing Andy's Big Healey.

The last pair of Scratch entrants raced by Chris and Dave saw two very interesting cars, Chris driving a silver E-type Jag set a trio of close scores finished ahead of Dave's Aston Martin DBR2 equally managing a close trio of results.

The Standard class is usually sparsely supported due to a lack of competitive cars but with a bit of work they can go well. Kev's Ford RS200 mixing it with the Scratch cars to finish comfortably clear of Geoff's MG BGT, both cars with a trio of consistent scores.

There were three other cars entered tonight but appear outside the main results due to tyres being too wide or bodyshell scalloping out clearly showing the tyres when viewed from above.

------------------------------------------

Next week - Slot Rally...see you there

Attachments

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Racing on the Coastal circuit was cancelled due to lack of numbers and as there was no key holder we couldn't race the club cars either so we had a twin test session which was made up of Sports/GT/Gr5.

A mixed field of Sports/GT/Gr5 saw two lots of racing as all five drivers used two different cars.

Marshalling was covered by a skeleton crew of three as two cars raced at a time.

There was actually some half decent racing tonight. No winners as it was more of a test session, no scrutineering was done and we were finished really early.

The chart shows two lots of racing with the combined scores underneath.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 61 Posts