SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
He makes some great models, but prices on his site would be helpful! I know they would not come cheap, but an idea of how much of my hard earned would be needed would be nice!

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Thank you very much for the review. It was very insightful on a unique 1:1 and slot car builder.

I don't know much about these motors but 35,000 RPM is significantly more than what most RTR's run. What is the point? Is it simply more RPM = more axle turns = more speed or is there something else?

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
I think the motor - and the whole RTR package - is exactly what you need if you run competitively on a big board track and are allowed to add 'goop' to the foam tyres that Milan's cars come fitted with. I should imagine that six lanes of these things hustling round would be a spectacular sight.

I think I'm right in saying that this is the direction that the top end racers took in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Treated foam tyres and whopping great motors are still common in full-on Slotstox and Thingies, for example, (where the clubs permit this). I seem to remember that washing-up liquid is a key component in the 'goop' needed for softening and stickying-up a foam tyre.

I've had a car powered with the mighty TSRF motor before and that one was entertaining to say the least (!) - a Fly Porsche 917 fitted to a Can-Am chassis. On wood it would have been perfect. On Scalextric Sport, with soft rubber tyres on alloy rims, it was like driving on ice.

If you want one of Milan's beautiful cars to run at home there are changes from his RTR setup that need to be made, but the chassis is very adaptable for different motors. If you want to run one competitively against the likes of the Slot.It Alfa 33 or Avant Slot Mirage then that's all down to the organiser as a lot of UK and US clubs and events stipulate hard bodies only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts