SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching for a chance to use the yellow flag, a lone Marshall keeps vigil at the end of the back straight...

It's a hard life, a pit babe waits for her man to return from practice...

Catching the action on the last curve, a camera crew still finds time for tea and donuts...

What a great place to spend a weekend camping in the countryside, albeit it unlikely to be quiet...

Figures, so far, by SRA, Tamiya, Fly and Preiser.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Bloody marvelous! Each new picture makes me more determined to get over there with a case of cars.

Scott

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Damn this looks nice...

When does the new season start? I'm packing my bags allready...

Great stuff Swiss!!!

Did you paint all the figures yourself?

G.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Love it Swiss! Like the hat added to my chap on the ladder with coffee and dohnuts. He was a bald headed chap originaly but looks great now!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep. painted the lot myself so far, great relaxation therapy!

Jonny - yep I had a spare preiser hat in the box so thought I would let the old guy off some ribbing and the usual peanut bonce comments. Also got rid of those huge bases

OPENING WEEKEND is 3 and 4 April between 11:00 and 17:00 each day.

Be there or be square. Accomodation can be arranged with some notice.

Official Announcement later this week.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 22 Mar 2004, 13:54)1) Yep. painted the lot myself so far, great relaxation therapy!

2) OPENING WEEKEND is 3 and 4 April between 11:00 and 17:00 each day.

Be there or be square. Accomodation can be arranged with some notice.
1) Very good paintjob!!! What paint do you use to paint figures? And do you paint them with an undercoat or not?

2) Damn... I live in Belgium...

G.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All I do is wash them well in soapy water, rinse them even better, let them dry then give them a once over with Auto undercoat from a can.

Once dry I use acrylic paints mostly (also enamel but I can't be arsed with all that cleaning in white spirits - I love my glass of water and cloth
)

The paints I use most are from the Games Workshop - you know the wargame ones. I have many tubs left over from over 15 years ago and they are still excellent.

An initial coat is applied of the colour I want, then an overall wash with a darker ink wash. The original colour is then reapplied using the dry brush method. If required another lighter dry brushing with a lighter shade is applied after that.

Fine detailing as required and a spray of matt varnish and thats it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Great job Swiss!!!!!!!!!! Love those figures with out those great hulking piles of stuff bases most have on them. Now it looks realistic, not a toy store setup. Nice babes too!!!

More work than I like though.

Larry S.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
More pics of the remaining stuff will be around after this weekend.
Look ot for MR Marshall, Messers Race and Management, The Race winners brothers, Mr Richard Cranium with the Trophy plus his mistress AND...

The Swiss Race Bahn floodlit SRA winners Podium.

OK OK - over the top but I thought I would gee you all up abit.

I think after that it will be a couple of MRRC grandstands (WHEN I can find them) and a few old fogies sitting watching and that will be all.

For those of you who suggested a hidden copulating couple, my son is already asking too many questions right now as it is thank you

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 24 Mar 2004, 14:01)...but I thought I would gee you all up abit.
And you did...

Freak!!!!

hehe...

Those figures will be the biggest problem for my permanent track...
I can see myself do all the other stuff... but painting those figures propperly...
Biiiiiiiig problem... i'm not the fine painter afterall...

G.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
We are here to help mate
Figure painting is no more difficult than prepping a car. You only need to please yourself so results are easily achieved. Once the meeting is over this weekend I`ll produce a `How to paint figures quickly and easily` guide and there are lots more talented painters on the Forum too. maybe Swiss will post up a couple of my pics for me of my SRA figures?

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sure Jonny,

A 'How to' on figure painting would be excellent, if you want a joint effort let me know, in the meantime just send any pics you want but have patience a I am over run with work right now of one sort or another.

Expect pics later of the Victory Podium, I just finished it and installed it along with the lights but forgot my camera.

I agree with Jonny also in that there is no right or wrong way to paint figures and they can be as simple or complex as you like. The whole point is that they end up looking how you want them to style wise.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Vince - Welcome to the board from me
and thanks alot for that link. It is a great resource and went immediately into my favorites folder.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.