SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts

Mulsanne Models have been producing handbuilt, customized Slot Cars for over 5 years now.
They always look a little familiar...often built from a body kit that you may recognize and
always with some "unique" features that set them apart, and usually a car with an identifiable
racing history. They are always attractive and built to a high level of fit and finish...and
special enough that they have their own (rather large) group of collectors around the world.

Rod Grant is the artist behind each and every Mulsanne Model. He's been making his own
slot cars for over 45 years...and decided to turn his hobby into a small business enterprise
about 5 years ago. Rod searches out interesting liveries from history, and interesting kits
and bits and pieces...and manages to assemble two of these little gems each week. If you're
an Ebay regular you must have seen his offerings at one time or another, and always going
for premium prices. Rod has done what many of us have dreamed about at one time or
another...turned his slot car hobby into a small but successful business. At this point, Rod
has well over 1300 happy owner-collectors following him.

Now what you may not know is that Rod is a longtime member of the Slotforum, he's one of
us from even before he began Mulsanne Models and he's also one of our Hobby Traders who
supports the Slotforum.

You can find Rod here on the Slotforum as "slottorque" and on Ebay as "5savoy."
You can find out more about his modelmaking at: Mulsanne Models
Next time you see him online be sure to say Hi!

·
Bob Chapman
7,000 Posts
John lovely little article about a hidden treasure among us.
Wonderful assortmemt of cars, to cause us to drool a little more.
Well done Rod , keep up the wonderful selection and exquisite finishes.

Cheers
Bob

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Thanks for that Bob,encouragement is always welcome,min 2 RTR new builds can be seen every Thurs midday on eBay.
Cheers for now,Rod.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Stunning work, I've been drooling over these masterpieces for years on Ebay.
Interesting to see the variation in prices achieved for different models, some going for more then double the price of others and all worth every penny.

(Out of interest (OK, nosiness) what are the Ebay buyers with the prefixes Cargo2*** all about? They just seem to be buying up thousands of items, including your lovely slot cars.)

·
David J
3,182 Posts
QUOTE (DJ @ 9 Sep 2013, 06:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>(Out of interest (OK, nosiness) what are the Ebay buyers with the prefixes Cargo2*** all about? They just seem to be buying up thousands of items, including your lovely slot cars.)
Don't worry, I've sussed it out for myself, it appears that many of your fine specimens are being exported to Japan, wow, truely international. cargo2

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Good to be appreciated lads,your comments are most welcome.We are lucky enough to have some fine resin kit producers and they deserve our support,have a go if you havn't already,if I can help with advice(barring giving away trade secrets
) I will.
Cheers for now,Rod.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts