SlotForum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
As a non-electrician I feel I ought to try and get to grips with using a multimeter to check for any power dropouts on the SSD circuit - particularly as we have some old Classic track sections that aren't quite as snug a fit as the Sport ones. Unlike Scalextricracer I have never used a multimeter and don't possess one.

Two questions then, first, what sort of multimeter is good for testing a digital slot car track (and a link to a one in a web electrical store would be great), and also, having looked at these instructions do they still apply on digital tracks? For example do you need a load resistor and a taped controller, since the track is fully powered anyway, can't you just use a car? Any guidance on how to check the voltage at different points around the circuit, understandable by someone who took three attempts to pass Physics "O" level, would be most welcome...!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.