Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been sniffin through some websites etc and having an interest in cars like F1 cars, Shelby 67 GT Mustang, Dukes of hazzard, Most film cars if im honest about it, i began to think "what cars are out there, that a typical collector, must have?"

ive seen steve mcqeens bullit and dukes of hazzard car, but still yet to see the shelby 67, are these cars actually in production for 1:32??

also, what cars do you guys think need to be on your list?
i dont really do the old F1 cars, but mostly cars that have an "oompfff" about them

i'd love a zonda, koniseigggggg, veyron, nissan gt-r, mclaren f1, nissan pulsar and the 67 mustang

·
Registered
468 Posts
Darrenmcc,

If you are a Scalextric fan and recent F1 - I'd look to get a pair of their Ferrari F60s. They represent the last Ferraris Scaley was able to produce before exclusive licensing went to Carrera. They don't run the best (my opinion) but the shape is spot on.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey rakete,

yeah i'll have a look into that!
must admit i do like some of the 50th anniversary sets n stuff like that, n suppose im looking more for shelf queens than cars to race

just some iconic cars out there i'd like to have on a shelf

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
If you want Koenigseg CCX and Veyron AutoArt do versions of both. Scalex will be releasing their rendition of the Veyron sometime this yearish. MB Slot do a Zonda. Many companies do the Nissan GTR. That's some of your list taken care of. Others you may have to hunt out shells and make your own.

Embs

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im loving the koenigsegg nurburgering version! thanks for that Embs,

so what are you guys favourite cars?

Darren

·
Registered
468 Posts
Darrenmcc,

I'm a huge fan of the Scalextric/Takara JGTC cars which have extraordinary detail on them beyond most other cars. The driver figures even have defined fingers grasping the steering wheels. They have detailed brake rotors as well that do not turn with the rotating wheels. Looks ultra cool. They are out of production now, so they are quite expensive on the secondary market - but very nice.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

1 - 6 of 6 Posts