SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been lurking around y'alls nice forums here for a little over a month now and was amazed how much work and detail everyone has put into there tracks, I kind of caught the bug!
I read a lot here and on lufs site and decided to make a go at building my own track! I live in North carolina, U.S. The way I got into slot cars was that a slot car track opened in the next town over, they have a blue king but Im more into the "real" looking 1/32. I built this to test out my ideas, im very pleased with it and am looking forward to my next track, I took this auto-x up to the local slot car track so If your in NC come by and run on it!! We race on Thursday and Friday Night and Sat. during the day. They have all kinds of racing on the blue king, we plan to run the auto-x for 5 laps each way and add times together hope to run 1/24th and 1/32nd but the 1/32nd stuff I had coming off ebay didn't get shipped
so only 1 guy that races with us has any 1/32 cars. well I have rambled on enough here let me know what you think of my track!
Thanks
Mike Lomax
www.lomaxmotorsports.com
well I thought I had some good pics but only this video for know I will take some better still pics thursday when we race!
Gear Ginder

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok so maybe no one likes my track
well maybe these pics will help! Went racing tonight and got a few pics for the GG, got to do a little racing too! I put some more glue on the track and it makes it a LOT faster! fastest lap time so far is a 9.6XX, befor the extra glue a 13.XXX was fast!

This is a rat rod Im working on.

big switch for direction, small one turns on IR LED. wired for lap timer 2000

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I like it very much! Great looking Rat Rod BTW!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! for all the nice comments! The track is 3/4 (18mm?) MDF it is 49"X97" race surfuce (not sure of that in meters) It was a good time making this thing and I already have plans for anothe track!
My house is very small and after looking around the biggest place I have is 24" X 140" I plan to make a 2 lane couse with elavation chages and maybe a bridge or two!
any Ideas on a layout? I know this is a small space but its all I have it will sit on top of my dresser and go past it on one end. I got some more stuff coming now so I should have some scx rally cars here monday and then I start laying out my track!! I can't wait!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.