SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my first layout. Lane length is 19 & 19.3 metres. Average lap is about 7.5 seconds using the Aussie V8 Supercars & the quickest was a 6.4 using a Scaley Subaru WRX. Enjoy!!

Overall shot

Richards sliding through the chicane

Picnic area complete with campfire!

Ford & Holden do battle!!!

Pit Lane...

Holden at the top of the mountain

I still have some small features to tidy up here & there but that all seems to have taken a back seat as all I do now is get out there & race since it is at a raceable stage.
The table was built over the weekend & I put a section down the bottom for my son & his Thomas The Tank Engine layout, although he spends more time racing with dad!

Cheers all,

Lynchy

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
cool, like it. Do the straights get boring?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Again,

Thanks for the kind words.
The table dimensions are 12 1/2 foot x 6 foot. I wanted to fill the space with as much track as possible. It took 3 attempts but I am happy with the final result. The straights don't get boring as they are just long enough to give it real gut kicking & then time to slow for the corner & whip around sideways!
I put a controller extension for lane 2 so the drivers are on either side of the table, which makes marshalling with 2 people easy. I drilled in some beer holders on each side of the table as well. This was a hard lesson learned as during the build stage, I had a full can of VB sitting on the table & one of my cars launched of the corner & smashed straight into the beer, spilling it over two track sections which I had to replace

Cheers all,

Lynchy...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.