SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been messing around with Scalextric Digital for a while now with some input from BigBird and a new six car power base.

This is my take on an 8" x 4" track and proves to be a whole lot of fun. Hope you like.

Marky D

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Hi Marky,
That's a neat track
........ do you have a plan for so that we can follow what pieces you've used

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lasp its a secret prototye super conductive rubber tyre still in early developement,
hoping it will give me an advantage when some proper racing starts.will have to talk to my lad
about posting track plans i could only just manage to do photo bit of a numpty.I can see now
where im losing power!!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Marky D,
That looks like a great compact track. Does the overhang for the 3rd lane cause any problems?

If you ever get an "itch" to change it, here is a link to another 4' x 8' layout by Vecbtb (link). It is an analogue layout but it would be interesting to see in in a digital format.

Cheers!

·
Prof I T
11,197 Posts
hi Mark
good to see your track on the forum and it is looking fab. Looks like you have been busy with the green mat and the paint brush...

Will have to catch up soon for some racing,a beer and a natter...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi again the third lane works really well for overtaking pace cars,i have them changing lanes and if they go into it you can flyby on inside you can also just make it on outside during a race as the cars slow down ,also it does a really good job of keeping them apart when running two.Unable to pass anyone you are actually racing as it is too short and as the cars are non-mag you can bounce of the last barrier and deslot if you try to push it.Cant make the base any wider to fit in another border as i have to store another bike up against the track and there is no extra space.I did originaly have the track elevated with another straight but keeping it flat means when not in use i cover the whole circuit with plywood sheets and gain valuable workspace back.Its a tight fit in there and if there are four people racing you would certainly describe it as COSEY!

marky D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts