SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Finally it arrived yesterday the 5/8 2016 !
After a long process of looking at layouts, decide and re-decide a couple of times, ( must had given David a few extra grey hairs)
so now its ready to begin the work - I ordered a kit-track, and I must say the work David made is very good looking and proffesionel, Thanks David !!
Its meant to be mounted on a table with wheels, so it can be moved, the track is 450 x 150 cm.

The first thing to do is paint the track white, as a ground paint and to mark the lines and curbs, next a two layer grey paint - semi mat, and the a red paint for the curbs.
When thats done, I will begin to glue the braids - then mount the 36 ! flippers, do the wiring, mount magnets and plugs for the SCP throttles and finally put power to it

After that, its time for the scenery, but the above will take a lot of time I guess. I will post some updates now and then, and to a start, here is a few pictures, some of them are Davids.

Here with the first paint

·
Prof I T
11,172 Posts
Hi
Looking good,😎now onto the decoration and install,is it O2 your running ❓

·
ParrotGod
8,391 Posts
Nice layout! Looking forward to seeing updates. You must be really eager to have it up and running...I would be ;-)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks for the comments.
A little update.
I have almost done the painting
just need to make some small repairs, here and there. One basic layer of white
one extra white layer on the curbs, then three layers of grey and finally two layers of red on the curbs - my back is akin

·
ParrotGod
8,391 Posts
Looking really good. that was really quick.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Great looking layout. I look forward to seeing some footage of this track when you get it running

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Looks great. It will be very interested to see all the steps to get the track up and running and to see how easy/difficult it is to wire in Oxigen in reality.

I see Sillage Racing have posted a pic on FB of the kit just before posting.

·
Greg Gaub
15,084 Posts
On a BLST track, "wiring in oXigen" is pretty much already done, except the electronics for the pit lane sensor(s). I would imagine that David provides the flipper assembly for those, and instructions on where to connect wires to trigger them from whatever electronics will be doing the triggering.

Getting the track in kit form like this is pretty cool. I thought David only provided completed tracks these days. I bet it's nice to have saved the money from that part of the process.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The final paint repairs have been done, and thursday I will start the braiding, they will be glued in and I expect it to take some time, on a
single piece I counted 11 different pieces to glue on to the wood

Its true that you can save some money on a kit-track, but already now I can see why, the painting and braiding + electronics are a serious time
demanding work, but on the other hand its also (so far) what the hobby is all about, playing with the track and cars

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Great looking track.

I love the frame on wheels, its something I'm considering but hadn't thought of a metal structure.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have done 6 sections - still 10 to go ...
Tryed at first to do the easy solution with 3M double sided tape - didn't work, it got loose in the curves
so after a couple of glue types, I have found a clear contact glue, that seems to be ok, but after I am done with the braiding,
I will have to do some preparing on the painting - its simply impossible not to get the glue on the track

Here is a couple of photos...

·
ParrotGod
8,391 Posts
David himself has done something similar some time ago building a series of modules that could be put together in different configurations.
here is a link

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So finally I have done all the braiding, it took quite some time to glue it on, my finger tips are sour and still a little dizzy from the glue fumes

Next step is to do all the flipper mounting and wirrering, but the next three days I won't be working on the track, so a little while before next update

This is the section I will start mounting the electronics and power supply..

1 - 20 of 118 Posts