Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
that brings back some memories of xmas day many years ago.Mine came with F1 type cars.

Track sections were assembled and taken apart with a key and you twisted it once it was placed in the slot,over time this lead to broken off nib's and you had to resort to fixing the track down with panel pins in the provided holes...

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
The cars look like G+ chassis, so the set dates from around 1976 to 1981, the track is Aurora and not Tomy so that makes it pre 1981.

·
Administrator
9,651 Posts
The top two cars look a bit older, so from the 60s, with an earlier Thunderjet 500 or AFX type chassis.

If they're G+ cars there will be a magnetic attraction between the cars and the track; if not they're late 60s or early 70s.

There were a lot of these Aurora sets around, so you'd have to provide better pictures or find somebody a little more expert to check the value. There are lots of HO sites, and probably some specialized in Aurora cars, not to mention a book...

Don

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
the set i had as mentioned above had magna traction and was from either 1975 or 76.

Front of the box featured F1 drivers of the day and one that springs to mind was emerson fittipaldi,set came with the same yellow controllers as the one pictured and the same bridge supports.

Still remember the smell of the throttles and the heat in your hands as it was raced all xmas day,complete with sparks on the tv screen..

·
Registered
165 Posts
From what I can see, it looks like the track is using round pins with plastic clips, looks like the original Model Motoring 1963. The blue car is a Thunderjet 500, 1960's Cobra Coupe, Other cars are later magnatraction, Camaro or Z28 in White, Ford GT40 in light blue and I forget the green thingie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts