SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Muy buen circuito

(I´m from spain. I not speak english. I only can see the photographies. I write with the aid of an Internet translator. Sorry)

your you have a very good circuit

But I would change the curve that is next to the corner.
They are the two equal ones.
You would have to try to change one of the two.

Saludos desde España
Greetings from Spain

·
Registered
390 Posts
juanslot - looks correct what you wrote

robedwards - looks great! my only suggestion would be an elevation change, as I find they really add to the skills required.

I change my track weekly right now, but I will post this weeks one tonight as I really like this one right now.

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
QUOTE (juanslot @ 15 Mar 2006, 18:39)But I would change the curve that is next to the corner.
They are the two equal ones.
You would have to try to change one of the two.

Saludos desde España
Greetings from Spain
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why change them?
I can see they look alike but the approach is not the same since you don't enter them from the same side.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I decided against scenery in the long term as I know I will be moving house in the next couple of years and it would break my heart ripping apart something I've put a lot of effort into.

There are elements of this track that I love, it's the first chance I've had to experiment really and learn what works and what doesn't.

I quite like the fact that I can change it as and when withouy too much effort and when my recently ordered track parts arrive I will certainly look into enlarging the circuit and having a second layer of some kind!

I am also thinking about adding another 2.4 x 0.6 (8' x 2') length of board running on from the left of the first pic to make a monster long straight!

We shall see! I'll keep you all posted with changes and developments as they happen

Rob.

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
nice loft, nice track..just do some scatter grass/sand for scenery

·
Kev
2,723 Posts
rob99,

That track looks great, nice clean lines with leggy straights into sweeping curves, and enough technical sections to keep the throttle finger honest.
That white paint seems to lighten up the whole track area, to assist the camera. (or do you have a skylight)?
Shame you are not going down the scenery route, cos there is a whole bunch of potential there.
Maybe pick up some cheap carpet tiles, to fill the infield section?
Great track, thanx for sharing

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi zipp,
Thanks for the words.
The track is lit by a flourescent strip light suspended above the track (just out of view above the 2nd pic) and another kind of behind the camera in the first pic above my little work bench.

I found the lighting to be very cheap and easy to do. I just brought a couple of strip lights and a length of lighting cable. I wired a few metres of the cable into the lights and put a plug on the other end so I can plug in anywhere if I need to move the lights.

When I'm racing the infield is usually full of cars so it doesn't look quiet so stark.. and there is usually a car or 2 scattered in hard to reach corners where they have gone off the track too!

Rob.

·
Matt Nicholls
2,010 Posts
QUOTE (robedwards99 @ 15 Mar 2006, 19:15)I decided against scenery in the long term as I know I will be moving house in the next couple of years and it would break my heart ripping apart something I've put a lot of effort into.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a good idea!! Anyway, the more time you put into scenery, the less time you'd get to race on that great circuit!!

Matt

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice looking track. Looks fun to race.

I have a similar room, only in a tiny basement, I do not plan to scenic either because of trackcleanliness. I figure if I keep it clean I can simply vacum everything between sessions.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can't resist the temptation to lay a little bet here.........with such a great layout, I feel pretty sure we'll see a little bit of scenery creeping in here....just too good an opportunity that you have there just to stop at a track on bare boards!!!! Go on you know you want to...really !!!! Great work

Stewart

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I still haven't taken the pics of the recent layout change.. I will see if can get around to it this afternoon.

I really don't think the scenery is gonna happen. I'd like to concentrate more on building cars... or rebuilding the as yet to be completed chassis I snapped in half this morning whilst popping out the axles.. DOH!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.