SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Long time reader off this forum but first post, this is my 2 lane track with oxigen digital system.

The track building startet in late 2013 and came to a halt for about 4.5 years, but moving to a house with a basement startet to build the track again but now is running, planning to make scenery this winter.

first 2 Pictures is from late 2013

2013now1.jpg

2013now2.jpg

next 2 is before and after the move

2016Aug1.jpg

2016Now1.jpg

Attachments

·
Gordon Steadman
6,887 Posts
Looks very neat. I don't know how you could bear to start something like that and stop half way through. Life intervenes and all that I guess.

What the hell is that contraption in the foreground in shot 4? Looks like a driving sim cockpit complete with driving gloves! Why all the machinery?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks very neat. I don't know how you could bear to start something like that and stop half way through. Life intervenes and all that I guess.

What the hell is that contraption in the foreground in shot 4? Looks like a driving sim cockpit complete with driving gloves! Why all the machinery?
a

yeah some other things in life came up and the place in the living room was not ideal much better in the basement, is also a big simracing fan so thats my simrig
biggrin.png

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Very cool track Jimmy, well done.

Can't wait to see the scenery build over time, let's hope it won't take another 5 years.

I have a sister in Denmark who I hope to visit in the next year or so, I may have to organise a visit, who knows it may be a bigger tourist attraction than the little mermaid by then :)

PS. Welcome to SlotForum

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Inside off the 2 cars, for the moment the sidewider is a bit easy to driver but maybe it just some setup tveaks, it looks like the cars are driving best when they are quite tight in motormount and body.

IMG_20180815_193850.jpg

IMG_20180815_193950.jpg

IMG_20180815_194114.jpg

IMG_20180815_194142.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Congrats Jimmy for getting the layout operational, you must be stoked. Nice simple construction method, I like it. I like the big arc before the left hander onto the straight, looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the build photos, its inspiring me to get cracking on my own layout! (when we move house that is!)

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, yeah iam super happy and I think it a fun little track to drive on, but maybe it just me because Iam not have been driving slotcars for the last 6 years.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts