SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Long time reader off this forum but first post, this is my 2 lane track with oxigen digital system.

The track building startet in late 2013 and came to a halt for about 4.5 years, but moving to a house with a basement startet to build the track again but now is running, planning to make scenery this winter.

first 2 Pictures is from late 2013

Wood Flooring Floor Wood stain Laminate flooring

Brown Wood Rectangle Flooring Beige

next 2 is before and after the move

Brown Dog Wood Flooring Wood stain

Building Office chair Table Lighting Interior design

Attachments

·
Gordon Steadman
6,888 Posts
Looks very neat. I don't know how you could bear to start something like that and stop half way through. Life intervenes and all that I guess.

What the hell is that contraption in the foreground in shot 4? Looks like a driving sim cockpit complete with driving gloves! Why all the machinery?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks very neat. I don't know how you could bear to start something like that and stop half way through. Life intervenes and all that I guess.

What the hell is that contraption in the foreground in shot 4? Looks like a driving sim cockpit complete with driving gloves! Why all the machinery?
a

yeah some other things in life came up and the place in the living room was not ideal much better in the basement, is also a big simracing fan so thats my simrig
biggrin.png

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Very cool track Jimmy, well done.

Can't wait to see the scenery build over time, let's hope it won't take another 5 years.

I have a sister in Denmark who I hope to visit in the next year or so, I may have to organise a visit, who knows it may be a bigger tourist attraction than the little mermaid by then :)

PS. Welcome to SlotForum

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Inside off the 2 cars, for the moment the sidewider is a bit easy to driver but maybe it just some setup tveaks, it looks like the cars are driving best when they are quite tight in motormount and body.

Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Circuit component Gadget

Electronic instrument Gas Cameras & optics Musical instrument accessory Gadget

Circuit component Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Gadget Bumper Cameras & optics Automotive exterior Audio equipment

Attachments

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Congrats Jimmy for getting the layout operational, you must be stoked. Nice simple construction method, I like it. I like the big arc before the left hander onto the straight, looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the build photos, its inspiring me to get cracking on my own layout! (when we move house that is!)

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, yeah iam super happy and I think it a fun little track to drive on, but maybe it just me because Iam not have been driving slotcars for the last 6 years.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts