SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Been away for a week or so, got back and stopped in at Toys R Us at our shopping mall to see if any post-2003 Scalextric has arrived. I was rather dismayed to find that just two rather unloved packs of pit crews and some rather shop soiled yellow Subarus were all that the Scalextric area contained, but as I wandered out I spotted something in the bargain bucket - two X2 Batman begins sets at £30 each and packs of track for £2.

Bought both the sets and four packs of R1 corners and hey presto... Hermann Tilke eat your heart out!!

The original:

And my £65 version...

Is it me or is Scalextric track getting like Big Macs... never as big as you remember!

By the way, if anyone's in need of a Batmobile or two... or some of those crossroads things... be happy to reach a VERY good price!

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like your thinking there Van. That may well be an option. But you're right and for now such luxuries as crossover track are somewhat secondary to borders! Originally I thought it would be a good idea to use MDF but I'm buying the real stuff and the MDF will be used to make a base that can convert my dining table into a slot track and then be packed away afterwards.

It's amazing how much space evn a little layout like this can take up. On the upside, however, I hope that the short straights will mean extended life for my cars once friends start to come round and the inevitable crashing begins!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
What a cracking track, looks good fun and challenging.

Enjoy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.