SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Picked up a resin body of a Citroen DS. Fairly certain that I have no idea where to start.

The body looks pretty rough, but I can sand it down with out too much bother*.

Just wondered, what adhesive would I use for the tray & sticking the drivers head to his mis-shapen body?

And..... The windscreen etc are currently part of a 4x3in piece of transparency film. Not sure how to get the curve of the windscreen - and I'm definitely not sure how I'm going to sort out the rear window which has a cornucopia of curves - but I'll worry about later - loads to be dealing first. **

* Possibly

** perhaps, but I'm not sure I can deal with this project at all!

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Everyone,

Here are some pictures of the kit - before anything has been touched, I don't know why, but you might be interested!

Since these were taken I have Started to trim off all the excess bits and tidy it up a bit, I was suprised at how rough the cast is! I think a bit more trimming and filing is needed, but I don't think it will be too long before I get to the primer stage.

Regards

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually its not all that bad! Once I started tidying up the rough edges, it went ok. No problems at all.

I think i was just in a state of shock initially - I thought it would be a case of just painting the body of shoving a chassis under it, but not worry, its all okay so far and I'm enjoying the challenge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.