SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive just bagged some bargains on a well known auction site these and similar items should be on there way to me soon.

a clean up, re-paint and some decals should have these looking more F1 in the future

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 24 May 2011, 16:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice.
Are you an HO racer F1slot?
Cheers
Kev.

im a newbie to all this, i have no idea what a HO Racer is ......... sorry

·
Registered
851 Posts
HO is a smaller scale, 1/87 for trains, and 1/67, or something close to that for slots. The whole scale thing is confusing, not because of the math, but because there's so much disagreement on some scales HO, O, and such, and there are or some strange reason, scales very close to one another 1/35 and 1/32, 1/24 and 1/25, 1/43 and 1/48.

You need to look for 1/32 if I'm remembering correctly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Datto @ 24 May 2011, 23:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>HO is a smaller scale, 1/87 for trains, and 1/67, or something close to that for slots. The whole scale thing is confusing, not because of the math, but because there's so much disagreement on some scales HO, O, and such, and there are or some strange reason, scales very close to one another 1/35 and 1/32, 1/24 and 1/25, 1/43 and 1/48.

You need to look for 1/32 if I'm remembering correctly.

Confusing the hell out of me mate lol, is there a page somewhere that lets newbies know what all the abbreviations mean ??

Ok so ive had a good look at how to build the buildings in the Monaco set up and to be honest it doesnt look all that hard (he says tentatively) no way am i going to be able to do a track on the scale of the Brazilian fella i would assume they used the Routed Track, so im going to scale mine down quite a lot in terms of length and stick with a 2 lane Digi Track with 4 cars.

Im about to purchase an actual Monaco set so i'll add extra track to that to make it a bit more authentic and longer, i just need to work out how to make the uphill and downward inclines in the Monaco roads.

As for the buildings etc il begin Knocking some up and show you how i get on but first i need to make some space.

cant wait to get cracking on this

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi

Scalextric is 1:32 scale... figures are in the range of 54mm tall.

Subbuteo is about 1:72(ish) scale... figures are 24mm or 25mm tall.

I know some people use smaller scale scenery to add to the illusion of distance for some tracks, so it might work.

Hope that helps,

Lawrence

1 - 6 of 6 Posts