SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I bought a Fly variable controller from Getslotted a while ago, probably over 6 months - anyway it seemed to work fine.

But tonight whilst testing a few different cars on my home circuit (a slot.it porsche, a fly porsche and a scaley merc dtm) I noticed whatever knob/control I turned nothing seemed to make much difference to the car's performance.

So I thought why not take it apart (this is where you are probably thinking 'oh my god!"), anyway I then discovered the smaller adjustor on the handle of the controller seems to have sheared off your the circuit it was connected to - help!

Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this? Plus what difference do the larger wheel and smaller wheel actually do to a car's performance?

Help, please!

Mark

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Sorry to hear your control broke

Is it the Fly Pro that you bought?

If so, the large knurled wheel in the head part (at the back near the resistor) adjusts the spring tension. This is purely for your comfort, adjusting the stiffness of the trigger, although this can have an effect on your driving (some peoples' fingers work better with a light touch, others prefer some fight in the control, for most accurate trigger control)

The small + - control on the side of the handle near the trigger is the active brake control. It works in conjunction with the polarity switch on the bottom of the handle.

Strangely, full + is no (or perhaps normal) braking, full - is maximum braking. If the polarity is in the wrong setting, full - will make the car coast further when you release the trigger. (If you have a car which due to strong magnets or gearing, brakes to sharply, this coast function is useful to reduce the car's natural braking)

As for fixing the broken part - do you mean the plastic knob has sheared off the electrical component, ot the electrical pot has sheared in half? Either way, returning it to the shop sounds like a good option, but it can probably be fixed somehow otherwise.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the advice Astro.

The part that is broken is the smaller knob on the side of the handle and it has sheared where it seems to be connected to the electronic part that is soldered to the circuit board.

I would take it back to getslotted, but it was quite a while ago but the controller hasn't had much use thou.

If getslotted are watching, what do you recommend?

Thanks,

Mark

PS: I am thinking of getting a PM controller anyway, but I don't know yet and wouldn't want the same to happen to that.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
give getslotted, and if no joy, then guagemaster (the distributer) a phone call. Not much to lose except for a few pence on the phone bill

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Astro,
Looks like the woman in red in your signature is getting friendly with that guy. Doesn't she know that's not his Porsche? I see the other guy is still having trouble with that vending machine. I guess he's coming to realize the limitations of a carboard machine.
Steve

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
I've had the same thing happen on mine - Gaugemaster repaired mine but the fix only worked temporarily. Controller works still just means the brakes are at a fixed posn. I'm going to try a bit of self engineering.

However I resorted to my tried and trusted PM which has given me no jip at all

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts