SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because I always enjoy to see what others are building, here is some information about my track. first of al this is a budget track. after a long search a found my original scalextric trackpieces. in combination with the idea of an italian landscape like mille miglia a came across some pics of the sicilian grandprix Targa Florio.

I decided to take that as a referenceFor the layout i wanted as much length on a restricted space as possible. next thing is that one lane was enough for me. I am not the racer or tuner, more the landscaper or scratchbuilder. So I cut all the old scalex tracks in two pieces. After some test I stuck withe this lay-out. all corners are based on the standard curve R2, i only used 3 small new R1 cornerpieces.

for a lay out with dimensions of 1,1x2,4m I am quite satisfied with the lanelenght of 13,45m

At this moment I am busy to construct the rocks made out of PUR(buildingfoam) I ll post some more pics when i am a little further
ciao,
E.P

·
Al Schwartz
3,396 Posts
Well, if the scale at the bottom of the map is km, we would need a space about 405 X 375 meters, roughly 1300' X 1200', or about 35 acres - a small farm! (sight lines might be an issue!*)

EM

* Unless, of course, the cars could be fitted with miniature video camers which would transmit the view ahead to screeens at the driver's stations

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gentlemen, hold your horses

the TF was often held in certain number of laps of 72 km
that is 2250 m in 1/32

my track lenghts 13,45m on 1,1x2,4(thats 2,64m2)
2250x2,64 / 13,45 = 441,6 m2 so no farm needed, just 20 x22m is enough!
so an regular office floor will do

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dennis, that's my 25 year old scalextric(classic) track, as i only need one lane i cut the trackpieces in two with a hobbynife. Except for 3 pieces, they are sport track R1, because i only have standard curves(although when split you end up with two different radiusses, inner and outer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts