SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
What a great looking Vehicle!!! It looks like something out of "those magnificent men in their jaunty jallopies" ( or similar )

I wonder if I could fit pipes like that to the 156?

Outstanding..

Ken

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (Difflock @ 23 Aug 2004, 13:29)eRR... What's that 3rd exhaust pipe for? Apologies for my ignorance of the machine.
I believe the engine is 12 cylinder but three banks of four, one exhaust per bank.

Isnt it something like 20+ litres airplane engine?

Scare the four horseman? Deafen them I think!

Mark

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts

They are great cars Jeff. I make sure I go to a couple of VSCC events each year and I've seen the Napier race quite a few times, the noise is unbelievable and to see him control the car round the tight and twisty Cadwell Park is a lot of fun. This year I snapped him and the Hassan Special at Silverstone.

David

·
Registered
800 Posts
Flowmaster mufflers and megaphone exhaust tips? I think I can get more power out of that engine if I update the exhaust
The primary header tubes are too large in diameter so I'd make them smaller, then reroute the tubing...

Wait, I have some suggestions for the Mona Lisa too

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
Nice car.

Mainly good on the Silverstone club circuit.

I remember many a year watching Stuart Harper in the utterly fab Morgan 3 wheeler Brooklands chasing Peter Morley in this.

The Morgan with JAP v twin power 2 speed gearbox with first good for about 80mph. A brave man!

Great stuff.

Personally my favourite is Dick Smith's Fraser Nash Nurburg MV2303 but then again i might be a little chain gang biased...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Awesome lloking car.... I went to the Donald Campbell exibition up in the lake district last week end and found it intersting to find out - he set most of his land speed records in a varient of the Napier. The car has an intriging pedigree.

CoolS

·
Administrator
9,909 Posts
Wonderful pictures guys!

What's with the red color though? (ooops, sorry, colour...) Is this a modern variation? Thought the originals were more like silver gray....

And which is the more "normal" exhaust setup, with the four short pipes, or where they're all blended into one exhaust (well, for each four cylinders anyway...).

I never did finish painting my Napier from Brooklands Jeff, so the red is very tempting!

Don

1 - 19 of 19 Posts