SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Randy,

Wow, what a change! It's hard to believe that only a few weeks ago, that layout was Monaco. I love the color of the new paint on the track, too. Is the whole circuit going to be forrest, or will you have some buildings? Is that snow on the left? Must be that you live in the frozen north.

Keep up the good work.

Jim

·
Registered
465 Posts
The patching of the "apshalt" is great!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Nice Work Randy.......Scenery gives way your Roots in Model RRing LOL

So Whats Next.......Maybe start a new Yahoo Group like the Slot 32 Conspiracy

I'm thinking its a Natural for Us On30 guys to get back into Slot cars..........So far , Me & You, Sam............Who's Next.......Steve Pettit???

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Very nice Downtown. I like how you modeled it to be a street racing circuit. The color of the asphalt looks right on and the tire marks, patches, crosswalks and painted details give it a very real look.
I hope to build a routed circuit sometime this year and you've given me lots of inspiration. Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Very good indeed!
The arrows look great, did you use a stencil, or freehand them?
I've painted my Scaley Sport barriers with a spray can and had no peeling... but SCX is a completely different story!!!
I ended up painting them with a brush and water based paint. Yet to paint the back, but they look OK for now.
Your road surface is spot on. Can you tell us what the paint is? (type and color please) I couldn't find a single join on the track! You've done very well there!
The weathering on the bridge is a nice touch.
Do you run magnetless?... as that'd be a great track to 'drive'!
It's not often a true street circuit pops up and this one is right up there!
Thanks for posting the pics!
I hope we're not holding you up, I wanna see more!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Love the bridge,
One of the best I have seen!!

I am looking at adding a bridge to my track, and yours has given some new ideas.

Thanks for adding the extra photos. would love to see some more when the track is complete.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (knoath @ 20 Feb 2008, 19:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very good indeed!
The arrows look great, did you use a stencil, or freehand them?
I've painted my Scaley Sport barriers with a spray can and had no peeling... but SCX is a completely different story!!!
I ended up painting them with a brush and water based paint. Yet to paint the back, but they look OK for now.
Your road surface is spot on. Can you tell us what the paint is? (type and color please) I couldn't find a single join on the track! You've done very well there!
The weathering on the bridge is a nice touch.
Do you run magnetless?... as that'd be a great track to 'drive'!
It's not often a true street circuit pops up and this one is right up there!
Thanks for posting the pics!
I hope we're not holding you up, I wanna see more!!!

The arrows are actually label stock that I cut out and stuck to the track. The scale sport crash barriers have been spray painted w/krylon flat gray primer. The paint is from Walmart. Kilz casual colors. Interior flat latex. "Mineshaft" . The stripes are vinyl tape.

I do run both mag & non mag, but prefer non mag. I tried to make all of the borders wide enough so the cars would never touch the gaurd rails (unless they were crashing).

Thanks much guys, glad you like it! Back to casting.

Randy

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Very nice track, the bridge is excellent. Your paint work on the track is very good, I cant tell its scaley sport as it looks so much like a routed track.

Paul.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Looks Great Randy.........and arent you glad you dont need to make More of them Big Ol Tree's

If your track ends up on a Par with that last On30 Diorama you did( and I expect it will), I'll stick my neck out and say It'll definetly be among the finest circuits here!!

Good Luck ..................Oh And Dont forget to.....Drive it like you stole it!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.