SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i needed to make a set of steps/ladders to get up there easy
(very impressed with what i made)

Then to cover up all the stuff we have up there i bought some cheap black material to hang up and we think it works really well.

Glad i kept the carpet and underlay out of the living room too
this is only my classic track.... i have yet to open my big box of sport track! so it will be even bigger when its all down

let me know if you have any tips or anything if you see any problems

thanks

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
QUOTE (simon_wright91 @ 18 May 2011, 21:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what benifits would i get from a table?
Less trouble with knees and back.

The black cloth is a nice simple and very effective choice. Nice play space.

Embs

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Ember @ 18 May 2011, 13:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Less trouble with knees and back.

The black cloth is a nice simple and very effective choice. Nice play space.

Embs

thanks im humming and arr-ring whether to put the same fabric but in white on the roof to stop dust falling, or to put a reflective white plastic up there to give more light...

as for saving my knees and back im 6ft 2 and dont fancy climbing under tables all time to play lol, if i change my mind, after seeing all the awesome tracks on here! i will one day build a permanent track and have building and the works, but for now till i get back into it i should be fine surly

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Yep, I'd recommend covering the hatch, even if it's just with a pallet or something.
Stops you falling out, but most importantly, it stops your cars falling out, which can be heartbreaking
I planned on keeping my General Lee for best, but it fell out of my loft on it's first few laps, and since it got damaged I thought what the hell, let's wreck it Duke Boys style. That lead to all sorts of ridiculous time wasting shenanigans (see Dukes of Hazzard Stunt Thread).

Nice loft space though. Where did you get the black fabric? I might 'pay homage to' that idea for mine.
Cheers,
Richard

ps: Painting all of the wood & brickwork with white emulsion has made a massive difference to my loft... dust is not really an issue any more.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Help needed

when we first put the track down it was fine, now we are finding the track loosing power in places? (the last half) it allready has to power packs running it i have tried to show this in a vid, the car is on full going down the ramp and then when it hits the power base it shoots off?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Simon. If you haven't already, try crimping the rails to ensure a better connection between track pieces. Check here for a tutorial. I have ~120 feet of sport track with the new APB and a single power supply, and have no significant issues in spite of 4 pitlanes and 3 XLCs in line.

The shooting off part shows you where the good connection starts again....but I'd recommend going through the WHOLE track. It took me a couple of hours to clean and recrimp my 120' when I redid my layout recently. Also get some INOX M3. Wonder juice, as many will atest.

Hope that helps.

Steve

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! I have just recovered 4 pieces of track connector in foil and what an instant improvment!

I have borrowed a volt meeter and im gonna go round the track and check for any drops and cover the connector

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mate,
The best reason I like a table is that it keeps the carpet fibers out of the cars. With track on carpet I find that the cars collect so much lint and carpet bits that I have to clean them out after every two or three drives. On a table, I can drive a car for months without having to open it for cleaning.

More driving time = more fun, I say.

Phil

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok... now im confused see if anyone can make sence of these...

im not sure which is negative and which is positive side of the track but this is the reading i get.

17.5v

15.7v

now im pressing the "test" button
6.5v

24.3v

which are correct

si

·
Greg Gaub
15,386 Posts
So, are you also holding a throttle at full blast?
Or, is this a digital track?
If it's digital, then you need to read it as AC. If it's analog, then you need to read it under load (with a car on but it's wheels up), or something.
Also, for analog, the scaley wall warts are all over the place with voltage, and are often very high but drop quickly with load.
Unfortunately, I'm not well versed in the proper ways of testing track voltage. All I know is that it's not as straightforward as a layman (such as ourselves) would think.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (mgmike @ 25 May 2011, 17:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That looks huge how long is it, and do you get lost?
Mike

im not sure to be honest ill have to measure it, yeah you do get a bit confused as to were your going but thats the idea

as for the track its not digital buddy, when i have another person with me ill try what you said to do

si

1 - 20 of 35 Posts