SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well here it is, I'm quite proud of it, but envy the guys with more space, time and skill
- sadly the size of the track is disproportionately small to the number of cars I have - 200+!

Dave

·
Gary Skipp
6,689 Posts
Hi Dave

Not to worry, you sure aren't the only one trying to race a three figure collection in a 3 meter area! Modest it may be, but I really like it. The scenery is enough to cheer it up and you have a good lap length for the space available. Thanks for sharing, hopefully it'll show all the aspirational track builders that you can build a nice layout in a small area

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gary, those Scaley Astra DTMs can certainly tear round - of course even this size is never finished and I'm always tinkering!

D

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
irea152, a nice track you've got there. Small... yes, but it doesn't have to be boring.
If you want to stimulate the senses a bit, there's always elevations!
Have a look at this track from Skipsleat (A little larger than yours, but you'll see what can be done)
Here's a sneak peek!

See the elevated section at the back of the table? How it gives a third dimension to the whole place? Easily done and very effective. May make the track look a little larger too.

Oh, I wish I had 50 cars, let alone 200!!!

Cheers,
Dick

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's very impressive Dick, would love to have a go at something on that scale, but present accommodation dictates. I knew that elevations would improve the job, but it was awfully tight (and hot) working in a glorified greenhouse!

D

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
irea you have quite a fun track, dont worry about that. when you're driving on you're own, you can always add 1 crossing and have the whole track for yourself. breaks the rythm a bit

@knoath: nomore, I'm drooling coz if I would do yours in carrera it would be 3times the size. cool lay out anyway

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
My temptrack is in the conservatory, I know what you mean!
Have you had any problems with sections "pulling" apart with temperature fluctuations?

In summer it's like an oven, in winter it's like a freezer...I just want it to be like a layout! :lmfao:probably ought to think about some scenery at some stage, but I want the garage sorting for a permatrack.
Maybe next decade!

Anyhow, it looks great fun.
Power to your finger irea.

·
Ian
99 Posts
Dave,
Small but perfectly formed - All the best things come in small boxes! It looks really neat and tidy as it stands I don't think you could have used that space any more efficiently, it is very nice well done.

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Dave, I think your pride is well justified. The scenery brings it to life and gives the impression of a larger track. It really shows what can be achieved with imagination and skill, even in a small area.

cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the positive comments and support chaps.

Lone Racer - Yes to all that, temperature variances are extreme and do cause distortion, I am hoping to get the whole thing into a bedroom this year and let the wife have her conservatory back! Funnily enough I'm the only racer in my village.

Bleep - Thanks, afore-mentioned wife keeps saying this about size, but I don't quite understand......

Rob - I am honoured to have your approval, I love your site and often refer to the reviews when contemplating a new purchase.

Cheers

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.