SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at the age of 16 ive been let free on the tools to make my track.
The board is 10Ft by 4Ft split into 3 (4Ft, 2Ft, 4Ft), however i am only doing the 2 4Ft boards to start with then adding the extr 2 Ft. It is a 2 lane track with both lanes being an equal length of 10.5m. It was inspired by Monaco & the Nurburgring.
Although the track has been made by me I would like to thank a few people for being patient and giving me vital information
Paul Fletcher (TSCC)
Dave Wisdon (TSCC)
Marc (Riggers) (TSCC)
Jens (Kellerkind) (SF)
The Plan:

Day 1 (wood delivered, cut, boards connected, plan drawn out)

Day 2 (elevated parts cut out and positioned)

(picked this up from a charity shop boxed for £5)

Day 3 (routing)

(start of pit lane)
(will upload more photos tomorrow)

Day 4 (will see the first coat of paint applied)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So Day 4, cross over wiring done, Scalextric power supply and RMS added along with micro switches in parallel. Barriers all up and pollyfiller everywhere, not intentional, just needs a sand then can paint

·
Registered
95 Posts
Finished
will hopefully post some more photos of construction when I have more time. Been a while but that is because ive had to do the writen part to the project. Its a nice little track actually. Hoping to sell it once ive got my grade for it (going to build something bigger - blame Mr Wisdom)

James

Sorry photobucket isnt working, will upload final images asap

·
Greg Gaub
14,958 Posts
Very nice. Would definitely like to see more images, and of higher resolution, if possible.

Well done!

And yeah... no surprise you want to make a bigger one.

What kinds of things did you learn that you'll do differently on your next one?

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
That looks spot on James, more pictures please

Also, with your new found skills you can help with the next club track......in a few years

Cheers
Paul.

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
mini_nutter95,

This is impressive, respect! Strong skills and a beautifully finished result. And you're only a mini nutter, imagine when you grow up to be a giant nutter

Please see if you can upload more HQ photos of the finished build, I don't think post no. 7 does it full justice.

Christian

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well done mini_nutter95

I'm just starting on my 1st routed track but mine will likely take longer to do mainly because of available time.
Use photobucket for pictures its easy and you can let others see more detail than on thumbnails....more pictures please

Cheers.
Nik.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts