SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first .. let me thank you all for having this forum, from here. i got all the information that i needed to make this.
my name is filipe 32 years old and i´m from portugal, and like so many os us i rediscovery slot racing from my young years.
i become a new member just to show my track to people that really appreciate the slot world...and every person that sees the track.!

scalextric digital
best lap: 14.952

more info will come very soon
in this link you can see my new track.

http://homepage.mac.com/filipesoares/site3/index.html

regards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you taxi for the imput.
very very soon i will have a site with all the information and the construction pics.
i can tell you that is indeed a real challenge to drive.

regards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

hello again.
here to give some more info for you guys.
this track took me 3 months working on weekends to make ,and still not finished
the scenery that you see its a copy of of the roads around this area.
this is located in a country house that belongs to my family here in portugal.

measures: oops all the technical stuff is there but i can tell you that the strait is 7m
welded sections witch one with power tap gooooood power.
ext powered lane change.(going to put some more).
Pc lap counter software.

going there next weekend and hope to finish the track more info will come

in the mean time check this site with more pics and better resolution.

http://homepage.mac.com/filipesoares/site5/index.html

·
Ian
99 Posts
Hi filipe,
That is a lovely track you seem to have made the absolute most of the area available, and it looks just right, although some of the banking looks a bit close to the road on the corners do you not have any trouble with the cars actually hitting your fantastic sceanery?

Regards

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Wooo .. What a lovely track, Pinto!! And very welcome to the Forum!

And some great pictures you´ve added of the build-up. Makes it also easier to see the differances in height and almost to trace the trackplan [you´ve got one perhaps?]. The spiral [or helix] seems veee-ry tricky!

Details in a mass .. The cloud backgrounds looks super but especially I like the turn diving down to start/finish [4-lane part] and the brick retaining wall, the one with graffiti and the scooters. Is the graffitis copies of real ones? And how or what did you paint the track surface with? The grey tone looks just spot on I think, as a bit worn out asphalt.

.. cheers ..

-( R )-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hello again.
just to answer a few of your questions ,
this track is all made with foam with wire mesh underneath ,so wen the cars hit the walls ..no harm done its soft.
unfortunately i don´t have a trackplan .i made this after buying the large boards(bed boards) put them in the floor and made the absolute most of the area available.
the spiral ahhh the spiral yes its tricky ,more tricky going down.but it is at you eye level and watch the cars coming up sliding its just beautiful.
the graffiti's those were done by a friend by hand www.mariobelem.com a real artist.
finally the track was painted with latex paint ,one of the many things i learned from here.

more questions welcome.

regards

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
That is an awesome track! The scenery is beautiful!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
back again.
good to see some portuguese members. only a portuguese would know the meaning of the "VOTA APU" , its a classic here in portugal, was a political party back in the 80´s. ....not my party! hehe
and yes. it is a skull its my personal "curva da morte" a disguised skull with a creepy tree on it .
southpark i see you are from lisbon. like me
but my track is in moura (alqueva) if you know that area you see it looks like this

abraços......oops.......sorry......regards

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.