SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Rail Riders,

I just thought I would share these with you. Here are a few pic's of my New Ninco Nascar Track and garage. It was my first time building something rather then buying it. I think it turned out OK? Thanks to Jab-Ox for sharing his drawings and concepts.

It's not as complex or as technial as his garage, but it fits for this style of racing. I still have lots to do as far as landscaping and such, but this is my progress so far.

Regards:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks good
I like the lights on the side of the building and the checked patten is a nice touch. The nascars do look good, I think I might have to get a couple myself. Are you thinking of getting some banked corners for the track? Keep us up to date with your progress.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Aren't those R1's waay too tight for Nascar? i din't know they could turn that tight!

it looks like a well thought out track, and i see you can change it when you want! (no grass around the edge)

Matt

·
Registered
876 Posts
It all looks great...very nicely done. I like your layout...an "oval-ish" road course - I'm assuming that the other end not pictured is a wide sweeping turn or with just a short straight in-between. Might have to copy it...ovals are boring when running alone and yours makes it interesting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (dwrecker @ 20 Jan 2007, 19:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks Cool. NASCRA runs a clockwise circuit at Watkins Glen near where I live. I think I might go watch this year.

Hey Dwrecker,

I myself have been to 7 Nascar Race's in my life thus far with many more to come. As a matter of fact I will be going to Las Vegas in April to actually drive a cup in the Richard Petty school. I will keep everyone informed as to how that turns out. If I were you I would go to th race, but as you can see I am crazy for Nascar Racing.

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (jab-ox @ 20 Jan 2007, 23:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks good
I like the lights on the side of the building and the checked patten is a nice touch. The nascars do look good, I think I might have to get a couple myself. Are you thinking of getting some banked corners for the track? Keep us up to date with your progress.

Hi Jab-Ox,

Yes I would like to add banked curves to the circuit. Unfortunately Ninco does not make them. I would have to purchase the SCX Nascar set to add the banked curves required. I have both the SCX Digital set and the Ninco N Digital set. It's too bad they can't work together. SCX's Pit Box feature would be great with a set up like this. As I said before, it's a simple little garage for now. If I can expand the table to an L-Shape I may try to make a bigger shop? Again thanks for your inspiration.

Regards

QUOTE (Tileguy @ 21 Jan 2007, 08:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>SPIN, Great Start!!

Where did you get those Lights??????

Thanks Tileguy,

The lights on the side of the building were sold at a local hardware store (Canadian Tire) here in Canada. They are meant to be used as spotlights for miniature Christmas displays. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the company but they are on the web. If I do remember I will port the name.

Sorry.

QUOTE (MattZani @ 21 Jan 2007, 06:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Aren't those R1's waay too tight for Nascar? i din't know they could turn that tight!

it looks like a well thought out track, and i see you can change it when you want! (no grass around the edge)

Matt

Hey Matt,

You are correct in your assumption. The R1's are tight for this style of racing. Currently we have to get off the accelerator to corner carefully until I can acquire more track or sets. I wanted to have a setup where I could at least get a little speed out of the cars and the box art setup on the Ninco track case was way to restraining. The table it sits on is 4X10 feet but I am looking at adding to the table making an L-shape design. I have changed the setup at least 4 times since I got the set for Christmas, so I might leave it for a little while. Too much changing not enough racing.

Regards:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (bleep @ 21 Jan 2007, 06:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So do I, com'on TireSpin what are they and where did you get them?

Regards Ian

Hi Bleep,

The lights are for little Christmas displays to shine on buildings etc. I bought them here in Canada at a local Hardware store (Canadian Tire). For $5.00 bucks you get two lights in the package. They can run on battery or with an ac adapter. They company that makes them is on the net but I can't remember their name right now. If I do fond it I will post it here.

Regards:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Da Vols @ 21 Jan 2007, 08:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It all looks great...very nicely done. I like your layout...an "oval-ish" road course - I'm assuming that the other end not pictured is a wide sweeping turn or with just a short straight in-between. Might have to copy it...ovals are boring when running alone and yours makes it interesting.
Hey Da Vols,

Sorry I should have posted the other end of the circuit. As I stated eariler, I wanted to be able to get some speed out of the cars and this allowed me to do just that. I have also added lap timing software (Ultimate Racer) to get some lap times/Speeds. One of these Nascar's can run the a lap at 3.77 seconds or 196 MPH. It is a blast to be able to open them up a little. If I do build the L-Shape design I should be able to really put it down on the long straights. Here are a couple of more pic's showing the other end of the track and the cars.

Regards:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (coyote33 @ 21 Jan 2007, 12:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>waouh very nice track
i think it's veru fun to drive the nascar in digital !!!!!
Where you find the big nascar flag ?

Hi There Coyote33,

Yes track is fun to drive with N Digital. Being able to pick the fast lane around the track is great. When 3 of us race at a time is a lot of fun, I will have to but more cars and controllers to really have some fun. The flag you see on the wall was purchased at a race I went to North Carolina. I am sure if you look around the net you would be able to find one out there? Thanks for your comments.

Regards:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (bswan72 @ 21 Jan 2007, 15:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The track looks great! Do you notice the SCX motor gets hot while running on the N-Digital track?

Best regards,
Brian

Hey there bswan72,

No I have not had any issue's with the motor's getting hot on the track. I have recently chipped a scaley nascar (Jimmy Johnson) and it runs about the same temp wise. I do find however that the scaley magnet setting right out of the box is far greater the SCX cars. After a few adjustments they all hold the track about the same. Thanks for your comments.

Regards:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (bswan72 @ 22 Jan 2007, 21:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the info. Did you leave the resistor on the motor and the other electrical component that connects the + and - strips together (near the guide)?

Best regards,
Brian

Hi Bswan72,

In answer to your question Yes. All I did when I chipped the scaley car was adapt the chip and cut/intercepted the wires to the braids. Because the scaley cars have actual wire rather then the copper strips like the SCX cars it was very easy to chip.

Hope thats what you were asking?

Regards:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (Graymalkin33 @ 23 Jan 2007, 01:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats a great room and a great setup.
Great pit area.
Another good track

Hi there Graymalkin33,

As you might be able to tell by the room, I am a huge Nascar Fan. Built a lot of models collected die cast and now slots. Does it ever end? Boy I hope not.

I am currently looking to re-design a little and put in an L-shape table for the Slot Track. I have been told already that I only get this one room in the house. I will not argue about that as I am here in Canada and it's -27C out in the garage right now. So I will be making some changes to my current room setup. I will post some pics when done. Thanks for your comments.

Regards: TS

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.