SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
so today is the day, I gonna start my Oxigen journey.
I have a Carrera Digital Track so I gonna use Carrera LCs.
And for now I'd like to use cockpit XP as race mangement software.
But I'll try out whatever is available in the Oxigen universe.
And if everthing is working maybe I can participate at an official DiSCA Race.

But you have to learn to work before you can run.. ;-)

So finally I got the equip.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Font Automotive exterior

Next, I installed the chip in a Sideways Lambo.
To make it as easy as possible I removed the motor pod's front attachment point, I hope it drives anyway.
In any case, I now have 2 holes for both diodes of the chip (Type C).
The Lambo will be my test vehicle so it doesn't necessarily have to be the fastest.
I glued the Hall sensor to the chassis with shrink tubing. No idea where it has to go exactly.
Motor vehicle Fire sprinkler system Valve Electrical wiring Automotive tire

Slot.it app is installed:
Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire Hood

PC is running.
Building Infrastructure Television Urban design Audio equipment

Now I'm going to print these 1000 pages of manuals.
I'm curious how long it will take until I have the first question. ;-)
Ready for take off.

Next steps (continously updated):
  1. 60min later I read all manuals.
    Handwriting Font Poster Space Display board

2. 50min later, O2 Dongle Driver installed following the manual.
    Established an internet connection for my race track pc, normally it's offline to avoid windows update mess everthing up.
    Font Handwriting Material property Parallel Paper
    Rectangle Operating system Font Parallel Multimedia

So far so good.
  3. 1h 10min later, Chrono is installed!
    Moment of truth..
    Font Screenshot Software Technology Multimedia

It works!
    Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

4. 1h 30min later, Bootloader installed and Dongle updated.
  5. 1h 50min later, Car registered in the APP; Firmeware updated and Mode set to D132
  6. 2h later, SCP3 registerd in the APP; Firmeware updated
  7. 2h 20min later, I finally manged to find the passage in the manual how to pair the car.
    Car is paired with the Controller.
    Car can be driven with SCP-3! Hurray!
    AND! I can switch Lanes when I press the ID4 LC-Button on Carrera controller!

So after 2h 30min I got almost everything to work!!! :love::love::love::love:
    Next Step is to setup magnets and find out how to change IDs and enjoy driving. But for now it's time for lunch and DTM is also waiting.What a successful sunday morning!:):):)

8. 4h 30m later, I try to make the car count laps. But Chrono does not recognize the car. No laps are displayed and I can't set the maximum speed either.But the magnet is recognized. "L" appears on the SCP-3, even if it takes 2s. And even if I slowly push the car over it, it jumps forward. But Chrono doesn't work, I have Fireware 3.12 on the black dongle. First the "USB Comm" indicator lit up green in Chrono.After a restart it blinks all the time.
    Unfortunately, lap counting doesn't work with Carrera either. Actually, the magnet in front of the starting line should turn on the car's LED for 200ms.
    I've been searching for the last 2 hours but haven't found a solution.

9. 24h later, I returned my dongle to my reseller and now I am waiting for a new one.

10. 3 days later, I ordered super thin magnets to put them on top of the track for testing purpose.

to be continued..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok. Thanks for the hint. So the hall sensor should be on the left side - as stated in the manual. I saw a lots of pic where it seems to be on the right side.
I gonna change it then the car will be compatible with official O2 tracks and DiSCA Standards, right?

Still printing these manuals..
Any hint how to start?
First setup the dongle or dealing with the chip and controller?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! It works. No issues at all!
Journey updated.
Next step is to install magnets and I have to find out how I change IDs, how Chrono works and what I can do with o2 in general - now as it's running!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when you get a little time of posting some more pictures or a better still a video of your layout
Hi @DaveLat thanks!!!
i have 2 digital tracks and post videos on YouTube every Sunday 6pm german time - unfortunately in German.
But still maybe you enjoy those 2 vids (and maybe you leave a subscription)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, so seems that using Chrono and the magnets are the more complicated part at least for me.
Do I have to do something that the car is recognized by the pc? I have the feeling that it's not connected?
Any hint is appreciated.
2nd question. Is a standard slot.it car magnet strong enough to trigger the hall sensor?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chrono does not recognize the car. No laps are displayed and I can't set the maximum speed either.
But the magnet is recognized.
"L" appears on the SCP-3, even if it takes 2s.
And even if I slowly push the car over it, it jumps forward.
But Chrono doesn't work, I have Fireware 3.12 on the black dongle.
First the "USB Comm" indicator lit up green in Chrono.
After a restart it blinks all the time.
Unfortunately, lap counting doesn't work with Carrera either. Actually, the magnet in front of the starting line should turn on the car's LED for 200ms.
I've been searching for the last 2 hours but haven't found a solution. Do you have an idea?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi,
when I press LC on the SCP3 while crossing Carrera S/F it works. Using the magnets and Carrera S/F it works 1 out of 10.
"L" on SCP3 means that the car has crossed the line due to a detected magnet. So magnet and hall sensor is working properly.
"When Chrono recognizes the car, the ID background become green" that does not happen.
I read in the forum that someone else had problems with chrono and firmware 3.11 (3.12 in my case). He switched back to 2.xx.

@Minardi
Have you pressed Start Race in Chrono?
Yes, I tried it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok so magnets are working. Otherwise SCP3 would not display the "L" but it has some delay approximately 1-2s.

Bootloader has been used to update the dongle to version 3.12. Thats the latest version. In windows the dongle is called oxigen dongle so I guess it's the right version. Gonna double check that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just set mine up. Had the car on the track but SCP3 off. Started Chrono and nothing indicated. Turned on the SCP3, still nothing. Reset car on tack so car LED was fast flashing (linked to SCP3) and Chrono now recognized the car (ID 4 background green). lap counting working.

Both LEDs on Dongle flashing...
Both LEDs?
I see only one green flashing and the message "no phidget" (whatever that means).
Is that a problem?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi,
so I am running out of ideas.

This is the setup:
Car:
Brown Rectangle Font Amber Software

Dongle V3.12
Font Motor vehicle Handwriting Technology Advertising

Driver setup should be correct:
Product Rectangle Font Material property Transparency

Dongle 2 red LEDs are flashing:
Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Gas Technology Automotive exterior

Chrono:
Font Software Screenshot Technology Electronic device

Car & SCP paired to id 6, I did this while Chrono was running (switched from id4 to id6)
Both Car LED and SCP are flashing fast.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gesture Gauge Asphalt

SCP3 Firmware:
Brown Amber Rectangle Orange Font

I read about the same issue here:
Solution was to replace the dongle.
What do you think?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thank you all so much for your help!

When I run Chrono without a car or controller active, it starts in Free Practice mode, none of the car IDs show any interesting changes, but the USB Comms "led" is flashing green pretty constantly.
This is the case! It's flashing green.
But It does not turn green when the controller is switched on.
I'll try to connect in bootloader to the chip or scp3 via dongle. I guess that mught also not work.
If so, I'll contact the reseller.
Or does someone have the older firmeware at hand? Can it be emailed? [email protected]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hello, I'd like to establish Oxigen at Germany so first step is to get it running on both of my Carrera Digital tracks.
So I tried ID#4 and ID#6.
I also tried to start Chrono, start SCP-3, put Car on track, change ID from #4 to #6 while Chrono is running. Nothing changes on the screen.

Bootloader is not able to connect to "C" Chip or "SCP-3".
So I guess there is a more general issue with the dongle.

I'll return it to the reseller (jaspeed.com) and try another one.
Hopefully that solves the issue with Chrono.

Still, I have to figure out how I can track laps with Carrera Digital. I put the magnet 4,5cm before the finish line. Only some laps are counted although SCP displayed an "L" each time. I guess that should work.
For me that's even more important because I'd like to drive Oxigen and Carrera Digital in the same race to convince others to also switch to O2.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hi,
Yes I use a wireless dongle and an extension box for IDs 4,3,1.
I would understand if the car is too fast. I would move the magnet a bit away. But as it does work when I drive slow I would also assume that it's not sending the ID for 200ms.
At a speed of 5m/s the chip has about 9ms to detect the magnet and send the ID.
On the otherhand if I drive slow like 1m/s i can put the magnet 1m away from the finish Linie and it should work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Hi, your are both right. You have to know what your are doing if you use the extension box and the wireless dongle. In my case everything runs fine.
Nevertheless I will unplug everything and test with a simplified configuration and ID2.
(y)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Well, I have a more or less advanced setup on my big track. I use cockpit-xp for fuel management and no speed or brake changes at all. So I guess it would work as long as I can make the chip trigger its led when it enters pit. Speed setup might be a bit of work.
It's a good idea to have a few controller a hand and at last 8 GT3s. And it takes more caution as chaos will not stop the car, false starts etc..
In my house I have space for 8 people at max.
But if I can convince our analogos to ejoy digital there might be a chance to convert one of our wooden tracks. And that would be very nice. It's a 24m track mit 4 lanes, so 12 drivers might be possible.
But that's a long road..
So for now I try to get it to work and everything else will follow. ;)
I hope the new dongle will solve my problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
That's a brilliant idea! 🆒
Honestly I think that Carrea digital is not that bad either. You have to use the frankenslot mini decoder that has a good throttle response and an wired ACD C Plus controller but even with a Frankenslot wireless controller it's not bad. And analog controller have also a short lag - electronic ones.
10ms is quite common.
I guess it's faster than SSD. But I don't know.
O2 feels quite perfect. But one think that's not working properly is the brake.
I can not reduce the break to a analog feeling. At 0 it does not brake at all. Ok. But at 1 brake is already too hard.
I guess that can be adjusted with the app.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts