SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
16,627 Posts
have you tried using bootloader yet? Make sure the dongle has the latest firmware. Of course, since it's a communication device, you'll need to shut down any other program that might be using it, such as Chrono.
Also, the most common reason for lack of magnet detection is placement or polarity.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Test the Dongle with Bootloader. Bootloader will attempt to connect to the Dongle immediately upon starting and notify you if it can't connect. - Bootloader can not function without it...

It isn't a bad idea to use the Control Panel in Windows to ensure the Sloit.it driver is being used...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok so magnets are working. Otherwise SCP3 would not display the "L" but it has some delay approximately 1-2s.

Bootloader has been used to update the dongle to version 3.12. Thats the latest version. In windows the dongle is called oxigen dongle so I guess it's the right version. Gonna double check that.

·
Greg Gaub
16,627 Posts
All sounds good. The delay from running over the magnet to the L on the SCP display is normal.
When testing Chrono, make sure bootloader, or any other app that might use the dongle, is not running.
As I recall, Chrono will also complain if it can't see the dongle, so the lack of an error message tells me that's not the issue.
And as Yattr said, as soon as the car has power on the track, Chrono should display the car. I don't recall if the controller also needs to be turned on, but I expect you're testing with the controller turned on.
Oh, make sure you're scrolled to the top of the "page" on Chrono. The interface is kind of odd, and can be scrolled depending on your screen size and resolution, so it's possible you've scrolled down a tiny bit, and the car is simply off the top of the screen?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Just set mine up. Had the car on the track but SCP3 off. Started Chrono and nothing indicated. Turned on the SCP3, still nothing. Reset car on tack so car LED was fast flashing (linked to SCP3) and Chrono now recognized the car (ID 4 background green). lap counting working.

Both LEDs on Dongle flashing...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just set mine up. Had the car on the track but SCP3 off. Started Chrono and nothing indicated. Turned on the SCP3, still nothing. Reset car on tack so car LED was fast flashing (linked to SCP3) and Chrono now recognized the car (ID 4 background green). lap counting working.

Both LEDs on Dongle flashing...
Both LEDs?
I see only one green flashing and the message "no phidget" (whatever that means).
Is that a problem?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi,
so I am running out of ideas.

This is the setup:
Car:
Brown Rectangle Font Amber Software

Dongle V3.12
Font Motor vehicle Handwriting Technology Advertising

Driver setup should be correct:
Product Rectangle Font Material property Transparency

Dongle 2 red LEDs are flashing:
Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Gas Technology Automotive exterior

Chrono:
Font Software Screenshot Technology Electronic device

Car & SCP paired to id 6, I did this while Chrono was running (switched from id4 to id6)
Both Car LED and SCP are flashing fast.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gesture Gauge Asphalt

SCP3 Firmware:
Brown Amber Rectangle Orange Font

I read about the same issue here:
Solution was to replace the dongle.
What do you think?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Sorry, the USB comm should be flashing green

Otherwise, it all appears to be as it should. Maybe someone can send you an earlier version of the Dongle firmware. I looked on Slot.it's web site and only saw the latest. Mine is 3.12...

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Malafama, good find...I'll check mine.

Another thing I noticed is that with the SCP3 and cars are turned off, when the Dongle is plugged into the PC with Chrono not in use, there is one fashing LED on the Dongle. Once Chrono is launched, the Dongle will flash 2 LEDs...

·
Greg Gaub
16,627 Posts
It seems that the bootloader can talk to the dongle, as it shows it is connected in order to confirm firmware.
Click the disconnect button, and then try to connect to your SCP3 or your Type C car chip. If you cannot connect either of those, then it would appear that the dongle is not functioning wirelessly. The black dot for USB Comms in Chrono is not promising.

The SCP3 firmware versions I see above should not have any effect on the functionality of the dongle this way.

·
Greg Gaub
16,627 Posts
That's the thing... I think the dongle is being recognized by the computer, but it's not receiving any data from the controller. I went out and did my own testing.
When I run Chrono without a car or controller active, it starts in Free Practice mode, none of the car IDs show any interesting changes, but the USB Comms "led" is flashing green pretty constantly.
When I place a car on the track without turning on a controller, nothing changes.
When I turn on my controller without a car on the track, the ID # for that controller on Chrono gets a gray background.
When I place the paired car on the track, that gray background turns green.
If I turn the controller off, the background goes white again.
If I leave the controller on, and remove the car, it goes gray. I believe this is the indication that a car has deslotted or otherwise been removed from the track.
At no point did the USB Comms green light stop flashing.

I believe that dongle is not functioning properly. Maybe an older firmware will get it working, maybe it needs to be returned.
Since it's new, I would contact the retailer to return it for a working dongle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thank you all so much for your help!

When I run Chrono without a car or controller active, it starts in Free Practice mode, none of the car IDs show any interesting changes, but the USB Comms "led" is flashing green pretty constantly.
This is the case! It's flashing green.
But It does not turn green when the controller is switched on.
I'll try to connect in bootloader to the chip or scp3 via dongle. I guess that mught also not work.
If so, I'll contact the reseller.
Or does someone have the older firmeware at hand? Can it be emailed? [email protected]

21 - 40 of 89 Posts