127 Posts
Not giving away any secrets, eh?

I love it Lloyd.
Shows me how far I have to go.
Cheers Ted

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just Joking around Lloyd. That looks great!
One question, did you cut cooling holes in the chassis to let air get to the motor?

I just finished retreading the last tires.
I'm sending a SCX 'cuda slightly modified, with the McLaren and lightened 917.
Then it's time to build the new track.
I do have bragging rights, don't I?
At least till October and remember, I'd rather lose by an inch than win by a mile!

Love this hobby!

Cheers Ted

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Nice casting, Lloyd, the body looks really great!
And also great work on the chassis, very clean! Trying another sidewinder - as the last one did win, ey?
But i really like best about your pics - how the body sits on the chassis - very nice and low. I think this cars will handle very well on the Desmo.
Yesterday some training laps happened on the Desmo, too - the Mini and the Focus tried their lights to see if they are sufficient for some night racing

·
re member
4,019 Posts
My compliments as well Lloyd.

To produce such a clean chassis and such a neat body is awesome.

I bet that combination will work very well.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
That looks very nice, Lloyd. I really must have a go at building a 1/43rd car myself sometime.

Which are the tyres of choice?

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all, Russell, it would be good to have you enter one of the 1/43 proxys.

As with most things for scratchbuilding in this scale, my tyres come from Ranch Design, but there are some other tyre suppliers that I have not used yet.

I do make my own as well, but have not achieved any great level of consistancy yet!

Regards, Lloyd

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Mas, you are welcome to, but it is up against some serious competition at Pronomag, so it remains to be seen if it is competative!

Primered it today and , hopefully, paint tomorrow.

If I seem to be running a bit late it is because I am away from home and have less time to work on it.

Because of sometimes unreliable post services in the past I am sending all 3 by courier early next week with gaurunteed delivery before race day.

Regards, Lloyd

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pete, i think you'll be in for a treat with this one!

i had the pleasure of meeting Lloyd last week (damn fine fellow) and seeing his creations and these will not disappoint

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,591 Posts
Nice one Lloyd !
Although that chassis looks quite simple, the challenge of folding it "square" would defeat me :- (

Leo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts