Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The time had come, I got sick of my old track after 5 years or so and decided it was time for a change. So it was pulled apart, stripped of all operational stuff and given away.

New track drawn up to allow easier marshalling and better racing with fast flowing design

construction starts

got most of the pit straight done

pit lanes done

then the middle banked section was "created" friday night

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Gref,

You aren't goofing around! Looks great so far!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate, yeah lot of things I didn't like with the old track and some new things (bank, bridge/crossover, 3 lanes! etc) I wanted to try. Can't wait to get power to it, gonna be fast!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99% of the routing done, just gotta join the straight onto this pic on the right, it's routed ready to go in, then join the "underpass" to the pit area

In this pic the overpass is going to be an underpass to improve driver sights

closer look

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looking great mate, will keep my eye on this to see how you are going, bet you cant wait to run a few laps.
Keep up the good work and the progress pics.
Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, here's where it's at as of last night, all lanes routed and rebated, all elevations screwed down apart from bridge which will be lifted when braid goes down

then today I went out and cleaned up and bogged all screws and holes, took a few different angle pics to show undulations. I'll sand back bog tomorrow and hopefully apply first coat of paint - gotta order the ferrodor next week (hope I can get trade price!
)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks mate

add bit of colour, ordered the track surface paint today, will get it in couple of days. will get the other lanes painted tomorrow (need more turps) then gotta mask the lanes for track surface (not looking forward to that - fiddly bloody job

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Love the track and the banking! How thick is the MDF?

·
Ian
99 Posts
Just seen this thread for the first time (I have a feeling it won't be the last!) love the flow of the track, it's gonna be a blast to drive on, superb work with the router, all round nice job.

Well done

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (bleep @ 19 Sep 2011, 21:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just seen this thread for the first time (I have a feeling it won't be the last!) love the flow of the track, it's gonna be a blast to drive on, superb work with the router, all round nice job.

Well done

thanks mate

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
ZITAT(gref @ 19 Sep 2011, 13:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...then gotta mask the lanes for track surface (not looking forward to that - fiddly bloody job)...

Hi Gref, you might use a paintroller instead of brushing. If you dont use too much paint on it, you will be able roll the grey onto the tracks surface without affecting the slots. Painting will take a little bit longer but that will be nothing compared with the time you safe by not masking the slots?! Regards Jens

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update! tried yesterday, but phone and internet have been down since bout lunchtime yesterday - frustrating! Anyway, have finished paint majority of track, here's progress pics

bit of colour

bit more colour

and mask removed

Gotta braid under bridge, then screw down overpass and paint and finish braiding, getting close!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow been a while since an update! Haven't had much time of late to put in long hours of work in one go, but finally...braid is done! Next time I might try the double sided tape and see how it goes, gotta be quicker and cleaner than glue? Not using "used" braid again either as all the little bumps/twists/bends picked up along the line made it hard to get down good. Anyway here's a couple of pics of track needing power (and barriers)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts