SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first attempt at routing a circuit.The idea was that it had to be small enough to store and set up in minutes.
The sclextric sport powerbase is modified so that the switch that is used for the powerpack selector now changes polarity.
Board size is 6'x2'.
After running it was realised that I routed the slot too close to the edges on the straight.Still,it's all about learning how to do these things and I had great fun in the process.
Have since given this track to a friend.

Cheers.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would certainly love to do something bigger.That will have to wait until next year at least.I have to floor the loft first,then hopefully,once I've had more practice with the router,do a circuit with three lanes.
Seems very ambitious for me though as I am fully aware how terrible my woodworking skills are.Could be a long term project.
Just finished taping a smaller test track which so far I am very happy with.
It's just 7'x1'.Single track oval with 6" diameter bends.
Sounds a bit too simple but it meets my needs perfectly.
It is very light and easy to store in the shed.I plan to make some foldable brackets in the shed so as to make it a portable shelf.Then I can either test cars in the shed at eye level,or bring it in the house when it gets too cold.
I have not painted the srface yet though as I wanted to see what the grip levels were like on bare MDF.I found that on the track pictured the cars would bounce on acceleration (not all cars mind) on the painted surface.Whereas with the new unpainted track,only cars with loose axles or untrue wheels and tyres bounce.
Unpainted works better for me.Need to find a paint which gives the same levels of grip as the bare wood.
It's all one big learning curve and I am enjoying the process.
Cheers.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx oldslotracer.
Curves were routed freehand after drawing the circuit freehand on the board.
Just kept redoing pencil lines til Iwas happy.
Need to make a radious arm for my router as I don't think Iwill do so well freehanding a multi lane circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.