SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi folks,

First real post on this forum but I've already read what feels like thousands of threads, entries and pieces of advice.

This is a little test track i've been working on. It's only small, and made of good old fashioned classic scalextric track. I call it a tester because I have plans on renovating a loft and building myself a much bigger and better circuit, but I needed something to get me started, something to practice with.

Any advice or tips on improvements would be greatly appreciated!

Mark.

·
Greg Gaub
15,379 Posts
Welcome to posting on SFI, Mark.

Yeah, your track is rubbish.
LOL! No, just kidding, really.
I quite like the way you've taken a plain figure 8 and mutated it like that. I love the bit around the mountain that weaves around and down.
I can see that you're testing different ways to do scenery, and that's a great idea when you have big plans for a loft track. My scenery consists of green carpet and some Homies figures. ;-)
Keep us up to date on your progress. We love to see tracks come to life, no matter how humble the beginnings.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
It's a great start, how does it drive?
I ask because the classic track I had was rubbish, very bumpy and the cars didn't run too well on it at all.
Eventually I scrapped the lot and bought new Scalextric Sport track. The difference was massive, very smooth and flat and the cars run so much better on it. I guess if your track is in good condition it should be OK but if it's not running so well consider buying some Sport track to replace it.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the loft..if/when you get round to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

It doesn't drive too badly considering the age of the track. At the moment I only have 2 cars in the picture and they don't have any troubles with bumps. It's a noisy track though, not so much with the Maclaren but the Renault rally - is the sport track quieter in that respect? It could just be the cars I guess.

It's been built on a shoe-string budget. The hills are put together with bonding cement rather than plaster cloth (which I would've preffered to use!)

Just wish I had come across this forum before I finished most of it, I have a feeling it would've been 10x better if I had. Some of the work I've come across has been nothing short of brilliant and a huge inspiration.

The loft build will hopefully commence soon. I'm waiting for payday before I can head out and pick up the required wood and tools and get started. Monthly pay is rubbish - It used to be weekly until they decided to change it to "save money" .. bloody NHS lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts