SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hi,

I will be starting the papier mache for the mountains on my track this weekend but here are some progress pictures of my track I satrted this week. The track is on split boards that will now permanently stay together, the power is standard scalextric, may be changed at a later date. I still haven't thought of a name yet so if any of you can help that would be great.

Layout nailed in place

Masked of ready to paint

Neatly cut around the rails

In the process of painting

Overall Look after 1 day of work

Borders have started to be made and I will post more progress of the mountain work over the weekend.

Thanks from,

Mike.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Looks good.

I am not sure i would have painted the track until i had the surrounding areas in place to get the continuous snow drift effect. What was your reasoning for doing it like that?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to give the track a paint first then when the mountains are put up I will paint them all again to give a continuoius mountainous effect.

Thanks from,

Mike.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted the theme to be a bit like the El Capitan race track but the actual design is just made up. It will be fully scenic with mountains and a paddock.

Thanks from,

Mike.

·
Registered
156 Posts
hey CorvetteC5R

looks great i am going to follow this link as it looks a nice little track may even borrow a few tips how big is your track and board coz it only looks like it abot 3x5 foot keep those pics coming though i carnt wait.

·
Registered
973 Posts
As Mike seems to be offline here is a quick RMS of the layout, which is better to drive on than it looks.

I hope you like it. This is not exactly correct and may have to be verified by Corvette but I would only be a quarter straight out.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What about any of these for names.
I am not sure which one is the best.
They all sound abit weird but I have used different parts of my location and name e.t.c.
If you have any you could post please say.

SlotCarWorld Raceway
Mountain Back Speedway
Manor Heights Motor Park
Corvette Test Track

Thanks from,

Mike.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.