SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Rick
362 Posts
Ok so after mulling it over for abit and seeing the great jobs done making there layouts with scally sport tracks I have decided not to go the routered track route so heres what im starting out with im going to be adding more track a overpass and some hilly section ...will do my best to post pics as I go along ...first off the tear down and make new platform and cables to raise track to the ceiling ...
Oh ya some help wit the posting pics would be really apperciated as well
Cheers
Onslot Racing

·
Rick
362 Posts
Ok heres the progress report reinforced the table and have run to pullys and can lift it up a bit manualy but looking into a winch system ...
but I did manage to lay down the track in new configuation ...any thought would be appreciated and info on the beast way to make elavation for the track
Thanks
Onslot

·
Administrator
10,408 Posts
OR
Looks like a lot of fun!

where are you winching it to? Doesn't the light get in the way??
Have you thought about going digital?
Riko

·
Rick
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The light will be taken out and Im going to put a plugin in its place then I can mount lights on the bottom of the race track for the pool table and I will plug in a light for the track when its down
as for the winch there is a pulley on the one wall and I just mounted a boat trailer winch and presto ..
And I really have not though about going digital yet I can get all the items form my supplier but one day maybe
cheers
Rick

·
Rick
362 Posts
yes the floor does call for some attention my wife and i did it a couple of years ago the whole room turned out just the way I wanted ...my other love is hockey ( you could probably figure that one out on your own )
here a bit better picture of the floor and last nights project got the uprights for the chainlink fence started progress is goooood

Onslot

·
Rick
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good eye your right I don't have an oilers jersey YET ...kinda torn between the old style and the new one ...leaning towards the new one ...but I am running out of wall space fast the collection has taken about 3 years to collect there lots of items not picture autographed sticks/jersey/pucks/ect......

·
Registered
33 Posts
nice track onslot. What are you using for the chainlink fence?

and to continue the off topic discussion... I too have a collection of hockey jerseys (I also have baseball). You have a few that I don't have yet. I like the all star weekend banner also! And the floor is fantastic!!! We did my son's bedroom up to look like the old Busch stadium in St Louis, w/ carpet inlays for the base paths and arches painted around the rim of the room. I think my new son needs the hockey look, and your floor is my inspiration.
Good work!

adamb

·
Rick
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the chain link fence is 3/16 brake line and aluminum screen door screen hopefully have a section done tonight
that bedroom sounds pretty cool the floor in the games room took about 3 days we covered it in clear as well to protect it its very tough and the scrathes it does get look like skate marks

·
Rick
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The latest progress ...chainlink fence is done ,but things kinda slowed down after the A1 cars came into stock

keep the comments coming ...need all the advise and suggestions I can get
Cheers
Onslot

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Looks really good so far
Well done
Maybe you could paint some white lines on at the edges of the track like in real life and it should look even better. Keep up the good work.

Thanks from,

Mike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like your track. Can you elaborate a bit on the lifting of the table to the roof system. Is it manual pulleys or an electric motor. Any tips on how to install it - positioning of the lifting points on the table etc. Does a system like this work well in practice in terms of ease of lifting and time required to lift the track.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.