SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the inspiration of Luf's Targa track, I decided to make a little track with scenery, a bit in style with the 50's / 60's roadtracks. This choice is also because of the fact that I use Carrera Profi track, wich only allows me to drive 1/32nd classics.

The table is made (3,25m×0,9/0,6m), the track layd out for "testing" and after some minor adjustments, this is the layout:

Tracklength is 7,05/7,06m.
The pink sections are the up- and downhill sections, being Profi "Bridge" sections.
Driving the Revell Porsches 550 spyders without magnet and some lead added, it is really fun to drive. The standard 15v Carrera power supply was replaced by 2 simple adjustable power supplies. This way there is no influence between the 2 lanes and I can easily adjust voltage from 1,5 to 12 volts and everything in between. With the Porsches 9v is challenging, 6v or 7,5v is fun and it handles well for my son. Also, the 15 volts of the standard Carrera supply was heating up my controllers too much, mainly because you can never use the full 15v.

Now that the layout is ready, scenery wil be added in the next months. This is what I have in mind:

On the left side is the hill section, on the right side a little village (orange= houses). The open-road character is also represented by the roadcrossings in the village and uphill. Light-grey will be something like a pavement or so. Down-right is some extra space/tarmac for some very simple pit facilities.

Comments are appreciated!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi!

I can imagine that track! Looks like a very nice small track with lots of character.
I´d use normal straight track for the hill though. Makes a more flowing elevation change. I hope you don´t mind that I already saved that track plan for later inspiration.

Proost!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (magic2002 @ 9 Jan 2007, 17:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you still in the design fase or do you already have some track ready for use, if that is the case pics are welcome

Looks like fun to drive!
It is fun to drive!! I have made some photo's, but please realise it's all in a very early stage, so don't look at the mess

The "uphill" section. Looks a bit boring, but you can really gain or loose alot here.
Using my sons old Duplo® to raise the track

Midsection of the track: the hard part
! 90° R1 to the left directly followed by 135° R1 right and then downhill followed by a 45° R2 + 45° R1 left.

This is the village part, a nice mix of R1's and R2's leading to the "main straight".
Although Profi doesn't have too many different trackparts or curves, with a layout like this you don't miss that.
Some different angles and close-ups. And the new power supplies.

QUOTE (Schauinsland @ 9 Jan 2007, 19:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi!

I can imagine that track! Looks like a very nice small track with lots of character. I´d use normal straight track for the hill though. Makes a more flowing elevation change. I hope you don´t mind that I already saved that track plan for later inspiration.

Proost!
No problem (doesn't make sense to me, putting your trackplan on the net and then having problems when someone is using it
).
In this particulair case, the bridge sections make a more flowing elevation change over a short tracklength. But I suppose it's only because it's a little track and the small classics handle the bridge sections well. I guess a large GT will have major problems with it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (maxhcaprez @ 9 Jan 2007, 23:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>where did you get your track from

Nice layout
Not sure what you mean.... It's a Carrera Profi track, officialy available in "German Speaking countries" only. It's made for 1/40th scale slotcars, but with the same power supply and controllers as Carrera Evolution/Exclusiv. Profi cars aren't detailled very much and of course choice is limited. It's 18cm wide, but the slots are more to the center of the track, limiting your choice in 1/32nd scale slotcars to small cars like classics.
Most track is bought 2nd-hand, some trackparts are bought trough internet in Germany. Is that what you wanted to know? Or do I misunderstand complety (could be, cause my english lets me down every now and then
).

Forgot to mention: the track wil be painted grey to be more accurate to the era of 50's / 60's roadtracks (can't imagine there were those red and white blocks along every road then
).

QUOTE (FZSsemans® @ 9 Jan 2007, 22:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice twisty little track. looking forward to new pics!

Thanks! Could take some time before there are new pics, because with this project I got a bit ambitious and now I want to make a new track for my Mini-Z's also.
Two projects at the same time ... could make me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.