SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My track in progress, note: my very first attempt at scenery. Which will include some grassy hills, pit area, trees, painted track and such. I'd ask for some suggestions about the layout, but the track is pretty secured and not being moved.
So comments about possible decorations would be nice......

·
Ian
99 Posts
Hi Thomas,
your at the stage I love, this is all up to you, as you have a lot of space there you can really let your imagination go wild, it's going to get very messy
but I can see you'll have a whole lot of fun.

The tip I picked up on here that has stuck is " Trees you can never have enough Trees" I really feel they bring the whole thing together

Keep the photos coming

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thomas, what kind of size is your table?

Do you need many people the lift it up against the wall, the reason i ask is, am i going overboard with my plans (only an 8' x 4' table) by using a pulley system to lift / lower it into place?

·
Registered
98 Posts
And What are the dimensions of the track. I'm looking to build something about this size! Great job so far! Keep us posted!

Kelmac!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Looks awsome. Keep in mind you might go digital one day and want to add in some 3rd lanes

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all,
I'am glad I didn't get in trouble for posting such large pictures, I'm still learning. Anyhow,
The deck is 17' x 5' and it's built like a rock. Heavy as one too. I can actually lift it by myself without straining my jewells. I do have a hoist mounted on the trusses to assist in lifting, though i never use it. Hopefully i get to painting the track this weekend. I used 1" styofoam and made vert and horz tape lines, then used my propane torch to melt the foam around the tape. Still lots to do, and now that I can post pics i'll keep you all posting on the progress.

thanks again.

tom

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Few thoughts .. The long backstrech is just made for a lowrelief backdrop. You should paint that first and perhaps have a townscape or flowing hills far off in the distance. And (maybe even better) add a few ("real", not painted) trees here and there in random groups, with some bushery running low inbetween.

In the right infield I´d put (a fake) pits, to the left maybe a pond. As for "grey rockface" I´d go for the english railroad arch-look all along the backstrech (witch has shops and things in-between-arches, but this seems very close to track?) and stonework or big brickwork on the outer, righthand curve.

-( R )-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.