SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of my permanent track. Grass, guardrails with advertisements etc will be added in the future. Also the trees will be "planted" in the grass instead of standing in those wooden blocks. Also I will make some pitsbuildings out of balsawood...
The Trackmap :

And this is what it looks like. The table is made of a strong wooden frame covered with MDFboards.Under the table is a lot of room for storage.

The yellow Jag entering the first corner

Under the Dunlopbridge towards turn 3 to enter the backstraight

and braking for the fastest corner to enter the twistier section

and back to start-finish

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have left it like this for a year now and I don't get tired of it. Before this design I have tried all kinds of layouts and decided this rather simple one was the one for me. I wanted some long straights and a good "flow" and I also want to run the bigger 1/24th cars from time to time. Now I am pretty sure the layout will remain like this I will continue to finish the scenery in the future. Cheers R

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is that a red MRRC thumb controller I see

I use thumb controllers some of the time, I really like em. I can recommend the SCD Rythm Stick (supplied by Chris Keeling at SCD) in particular, ultra smooth, short throw, uses MRRC resistors, and very rugged.

I like your track, its a really nice setup you have there

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are Carrera controllers. For the 1/32 cars I use the Evolution powersource and controllers and for the 1/24 cars I use the Exclusive powersource and controllers. Seperate ajustable powersources for each lane are planned for the future... cheers R

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The trees are small X-mas trees. I have found them in a big shop where they sell all kinds of things to decorate your house and garden. Usually around November they also have a huge stock of X-mas decorationarticles so thats when and where these kind of trees can be found.

·
Ian
99 Posts
RRacer,
is that an old Carrera Lap counter the tire at the front of the 2nd Photo?

Looks like a lovely track in a nice ROOM sorry that's " Loftracer Envy"

Very nice I will like to see this develop

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The "room" is 6,8 meters long and 4,1 meters wide. That Grey tire is indeed the upper part of an old Carrera lapcounter. I will probably use it to make an "entrygate" to the parking. Cheers R

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes Luis, Mostly Carrera Exclusiv and some older 124sections (the slightly lighter coloured ones) The Yellow and black borders will be painted in black in the future. Cheers R

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No they are the standard Carrera Evolution controllers. But they are great for this hometrack. Maybe I will replace them in the future when I will get ajustable transfos for each seperate lane.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.