SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I wanted to show you the building of and the end result of my 4-lane routed track (20,02 m each lane).

Because of the minimal measures of my cellar it is very compact.
I have one removable crossing so that I can make a 40m 2-lane track by changing the piece.

Enjoy it !

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wow, that is an interesting and professional looking track. Congratulations!!!
What are dimensions of your new track? Does it make a big difference with or without the lane change? When you are on the middle lanes the track change will not be significant. Maybe I would prefer personally a lane change element where you end up with a 4 x20 m single lane.
Best regards,
Thomas

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Very cool track. Not sure I like all the hidden sections but those esses are fantastic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tomato 007 : one round is 20,02 m (don't know if the lane changer makes a difference), the space it takes is ± 2,00m x 5,00m. My best time at the moment is 6.951 sec. A lane change element for 4 x 20 m is also possible, maybe in the future, but then it taks almost half a minute for one round.

Ember : thanks !

Hiuy : we zullen nog wel eens afspreken op de club zodat we deze keer misschien met 4 of meer kunnen rijden

Slots-O-Fun : the hidden sections don't give many problems because it almost always straight ahead under the bridges.

·
Greg Gaub
14,658 Posts
Wow! Great track!
Definite contender for most epic first post of the year!
Maybe of all time!

Welcome to SlotForum, Rudio! Thanks for sharing your track with us.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow! That really is a sweet looking track!!

I like how you kept the parts that are hidden as the easier sections, and keeping the technical sections in plain site. And you even managed to keep it close to equal lane lengths as well...

Nice work!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
A time ago I moved to another house and I had to break my track down.
Now is the time to make a new one but I have no cellar that is big enough. So I had to make a compromis with the misses. The new track will be with only 3 lanes but a bigger lane space (9 cm) and it will be on 3 modules wich I can take apart and store easily.

Hereby my scheme :

5H8kMNN.jpg

·
ParrotGod
7,810 Posts
If I had to guess, I would have said that your first track looked like CNC made!

The control unit looks impressive. What are those CHAOS ports?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Indeed my first track maybe looked like cnc but now I didnt have the courage again to do it myself (Im getting a little older). And the weather isnt good enough to work outside.

A chaos button is to pause the race. For example if you dont have enough people to marshall you push the button, everything pauses, you have time to put your car on the track, you push the button again and everything goes further. The person who pushed the button gets a time penalty (a few seconds).

1 - 20 of 50 Posts