SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes, an unknown slot car shows up, that appears to be a prototype of a future production model.
This car has a Monogram body (if I recall correctly) called "Futurista", and does not appear to be your typical amateur job.
Its chassis is well made and there must have been a forming tool. I have seen one other many years ago but in very bad condition. I should have acquired it to show that someone, somewhere, was thinking in getting in the business, but it never happened... so this will remain a mystery.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Love it. I'd never heard of the Futurista before, turns out it was based on a real show car designed by Darryl Starbird (Hmmmmmm . . . .).

Andy Galaxytrucker

·
Administrator
9,692 Posts
Nice one P; could have been just a talented amateur too, who thought of tooling up a couple for buddies...

Are the chassis parts screwed together or riveted? Can't quite tell from the photos.

Don

·
Premium Member
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don, riveted, very professionally. The chassis parts came from a forming die. The body lower part is milled to provide positive assembly. Whoever did this and the other I saw, must have had production in mind.
And yes Leo, it is amazingly similar in concept to the Bowlby Deltawing, a most efficient device so criticized by people who do not have a clue about weight distribution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts